Do you really need a Smartphone if......

Are you wasting the power of a smartphone if your top 5 apps are all games?

• Totally!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • It's ok as long as you have at least 1 productivity app.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • You should have 3 out of 5 of your top apps as "smart" tools.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you really need a Smartphone if your top five apps are all games and chat clients? Aren't you wasting the power of your smartphone by not using things like document editors, password managers, finance managers, and the kind of power tools usually found on your computer?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Who's to say what is "wasting the power" of a smartphone? I'd say even if your top 10 apps are games, if you need a "game" device and a phone, why not go with the smartphone and save yourself one device to carry around?

I vote NO... not a waste.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you really need a Smartphone if your top five apps are all games and chat clients? Aren't you wasting the power of your smartphone by not using things like document editors, password managers, finance managers, and the kind of power tools usually found on your computer?

Is this thread "tongue in cheek"?:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

A few years ago, I would have said, "heck yeah!". Now, however, I cannot. Much of the top selling items for smartphones are games and those games are specifically designed to be played via a smartphone. Still, I understand what you're asking.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on why you want a smartphone. Regardless if you need it as a business tool or just want to have the convenience of a browser 'on the go' or gaming options. I wouldn't say it's a waste. Heck, I have mine just so I can get my few emails when I don't have my laptop in my face, just to have browser avail in case I may need it - which has happened on quite a few occasions when was out and needed to look something up ATM, to shop on the go & I also like to have the weather in my areas always avail too. I also like having iheartradio as well on the go when I use it too!

And a lot of people I know have smart phones just for social apps like FB, twitter, google chat or talk what ever it's called lol etc. Stuff like that. So they are still "connected" when they are on the go and don't have access to a desktop or laptop :)

I feel that if you the "user" is getting what you want/need out of your smart phone & your happy with it, then no, it's not a waste of time:)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I really don't want to edit documents, or manage my finances on a phone. I have it for chat, weather, calendar reminders, navigation, camera and social stuff and even for a phone. It's never a waste if you use it even for games.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It actually makes life easier to plan and games are a plus but I mean having the Internet in your pocket it always nice just incase you need it

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i wonder what the % of smartphones sold are by junior high school and high school kids. where i live most of these students have a smartphone and some elementary

as time goes on it is becoming more socially acceptable for "kids" to own one and i doubt they are using them to be more productive. more like to keep up to date on their FB status and games

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Gaming is no necessity but having everything you need at the palm of your hands without having extra crap with you is not at all a waste. Smartphones and apps make life easier.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2