iPhone 4: To Sell or not to sell, THAT is the question
On Sunday I bought a 4S. It's a 32 GB which is twice the capacity of my 4. I put an ad on Craigslist and have gotten some hits. I'm not torn because even though it'll be sitting in the box in a drawer, I don't want to sell it. I don't need the cash or anything but I was considering buying a Razr to try out with the money I get for the 4.
Any have a 4, get a 4S but sell/keep their 4?
- 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM #2
I would only add that IF you do decide to sell it, sell it now while there's still some value... once the next version is released, the 2-gen old devices aren't worth as much...
- 04-06-2012, 10:15 AM #3
- 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM #4
As for selling or keeping - i still have 2 of my previous bb's (8330 my 1st one, and 9650 my last one) i've kept them when i upgraded to my 4S in Nov. 'just in case' BUT they've been doing nothing but sitting in boxes - i never have any plans to return to the bb platform again, so at some point i will donate them to Verizon. I'm not worried about being able to sell them - i'll be happy enough on donating so that someone else can benefit from them
Now if i was upgrading from my 4S to say the 5 when it came out - i would keep my 4S as a back up or give it to one of my kids, or perhaps even my Dad would like it.
Selling is normally what I do to offset the cost of new devices so as not to catch a beat down from the wife about my device fetish. Since I've tried all the new devices (in 3 weeks had Razr and Nexus) I'm not selling for that purchase. Just because I don't really need a backup because I'm Otterbox'ed and normally take great care of my devices.
I'm supposed to be getting $300 from a guy after work today or trading another guy for a Razr (great device) on Sunday. Either way, I'm sure the 4 won't make it through the weekend. LOL
- 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM #6
- 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM #7
- 04-06-2012, 01:41 PM #8
- 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM #9