This is what my town looks like when we win a NCAAB Final Four!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Kansas 64 Ohio State 62

Jayhawk.gif

Wayi5.jpg

i think it's safe to say that the Jayhawk Nation was in full effect last night! :D

WhtbH.jpg

and one of many videos that i took... intoxicated, of course ;) :)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wow, afaik we did not tear up the town like that^! just A LOT of drunk people, including myself. even the cops were high-fiving everyone!

i hope it's going to be a good game. there will be some key matchups and foul trouble will be HUGE, as any game. win or lose, i am so proud of them. they've exceeded so many expectations already and these last couple of weeks feel like a bonus. after all, 2nd in the nation is pretty good too!

RCJH!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
oh yeah, i almost forgot--BOOM! :)

Self wins Naismith Coach of the Year

NEW ORLEANS ? Kansas head coach Bill Self was named the*2012 Naismith Men?s College Basketball Coach of the Year, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced on*Sunday. This accolade makes Kansas the only university to have three different Naismith Men?s*College Coach of the Year winners, as Self joins 1988 winner Larry Brown and 1997 winner Roy*Williams. Self edged out finalists Jim Boeheim (Syracuse), John Calipari (Kentucky) and Frank*Haith (Missouri) to win the most prestigious national award presented annually to the top men?s*college basketball coach.

Self was selected by the Atlanta Tipoff Club?s National Voting Academy, comprised of leading*basketball journalists, coaches and administrators from around the country. The academy*based its criteria on coaching performances this season. The vote was tabulated and certified*by the accounting firm of Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP. HA&W is the largest independent*accounting firm in Georgia and one of the top 50 firms in the United States.*

?Bill has done a remarkable coaching job this season and deserves all the accolades that come*his way,? said Eric Oberman, executive director of the Atlanta Tipoff Club. ?There?s always*something special about adding another chapter of Kansas basketball to the Naismith Awards*family.?

In his ninth season at Kansas, Self led the Jayhawks to a 31-7 record, including a perfect 16-0*at home, leading them to a record eighth consecutive regular season Big 12 title and earning his*second consecutive Big 12 Coach of the Year award. He owns a 269-52 record at the school*and a 476-157 overall career record, including a national championship with the Jayhawks in*2008.

?This is a terrific honor. When you think of postseason awards, anything that has [James]*Nasmith?s name in front of it is a huge award and certainly I?m very proud of this,? Self said. ?It is*a reflection of how our team performed all year long. There are so many good coaches out there*to choose from but I am honored they picked me.?

Entering the 2012 NCAA Men?s Division I tournament as a No. 2 seed in the Midwest region, the Jayhawks defeated No. 1 seed North Carolina and No. 2 seed Ohio State to reach their second NCAA Championship game in four years.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping Kansas wins, but honestly? I don't think they can compete with Kentucky. Kentucky looks like a machine on the court. Kansas has been pretty inconsistent lately.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i agree they have been inconsistent as of late but they have also found ways to overcome that. yeah it may be in the last few minutes/seconds, but all anyone will remember will be the fact that we won these games, not so much how close they were

i am very nervous knowing that there is a good possibility we will lose. i can accept losing to the best team in the nation. all i ask is that KU plays their best too, because when they do.. the unexpected happens

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73