Welcome to iMore! Introduce yourself here!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Welcome to iMore, the very best iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Apple TV, and all around iOS and Apple community in the multiverse.

My name's Rene, and I'm your host. I began writing here back when it was still Phone Different, and started running the show when it was the iPhone blog. My background is in design -- from publishing to web, and in writing, from fiction to non-fiction and blogging.

I love to cook, I did roughly a decade of Chinese martial arts before switching to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and I've been a life long computer user, starting with an Apple ][ plus in my youth.

I love great story in all it's forms -- comics, TV, movies. Anything and everything by Joss Whedon and Aaron Sorkin are particular favorites.

You can find me right here on iMore, or on Twitter @reneritchie

Grab a cyber stool, poor yourself a tasty digital beverage, settle in, and enjoy.

Oh, and introduce yourself already!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My name is Ray and I love technology. I have an iPhone 4S, Apple TV 2, and iPad 2. I read several tech sites and I have settled upon iMore.com as being the go-to source for iOS news. I enjoy technology, music, and sports and look for ways to merge those interests. I hope to one day be a tech writer or be on the technology support staff for either a university or corporation.

DugSteen

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I'm Dug Steen. I've been a software developer for 25+ years and my first Mac was a toaster.
I strayed for a while -- working for MS and writing in C# -- but I'm back now and writing iPhone apps.

I'm a founder at Crooked Smiles, where we're working on making face-to-face iPhone games that bring the social back into social gaming. Our first big project is currently a KickStarter campaign: Acolyte is a strategic dueling game in which players wave their iPhones around in order to call down the wrath of the gods onto their opponents. Check it out!

(At the very least, watch the video. It's about as goofy as things get on KickStarter.)

I've been reading tipb for some time now (still not used to "iMore") and am looking forward to participating on the forum.

DugSteen

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My name is Ray and I love technology. I have an iPhone 4S, Apple TV 2, and iPad 2. I read several tech sites and I have settled upon iMore.com as being the go-to source for iOS news. I enjoy technology, music, and sports and look for ways to merge those interests. I hope to one day be a tech writer or be on the technology support staff for either a university or corporation.
I for one am glad to see that you wear your seatbelt. :)

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone. The names Freiteez "like Fray and tease". I've been with imore since very early 2009. This (after checking) is my 3 year anniversary having an account with imore. I didn't even get an iPhone until December of 2009 but I love the news, podcast and general community of imore and seeing them grow. When I first joined it seemed like a little site but now it's growing more and more. Obviously with imore being sited as being the first to say the iPad 3 event will be march 7th gave them a lot of notice, but recently when I watched a YouTuber by the name of "tysiphonehelp" he recently talked about imore saying the iPad 3 will have 4G LTE. Anyways. I'm rambling. This site is awesome, my schedule doesn't let me go in the chat for iPhone/iPad live as much as I would want(graveyard shift sure is fun) but I still listen or watch everyone one. Proud to have been here as long as I have and love this community.

Thanks to Rene and the crew(not gonna list them all) for such an awesome site.

By the way, I own an iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and (waiting to upgrade) a Powermac G5 :p

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What's going on folks. I'm Stephan aka Duvi; my name on all the Mobile Nation sites. I'm currently a moderator on CrackBerry.com and WPCentral (both TiPb sibling sites).

I love devices and pretty much have all the major platforms, including WebOS. I have an iPad plus an iPhone 4S to cover iOS, Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S II for Spint) along with a Motorola Photon to cover Android, Focus as well as the newer Focus S to get my Windows Phone on, BlackBerry 9930 (and hopefully another PlayBook) for BlackBerry OS and a Pre for WebOS.

I'm trying to become a gym rat once again and have recently been going for the past 3 weeks, consistently.

I have a 5 year old son, who I love more than life itself and no matter how frustrated I may be, he always makes me laugh and/or thank god for being blessed with such a wonderful son.

Aside from technology, I like motorcycles and although I have my license, I don't have a bike at the moment. I also enjoy playing on my xbox (modern warfare 3) and surfing the web.

My favorite show currently is Criminal Minds.

When I'm bored, I tweet - Stephan (@duvi) on Twitter

P.S. I've been with iMore/TiPb since June of 2008. I've enjoyed watching the site grow and expand in to more than just the iPhone.

Last edited:

12youngjedi

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone! my name is ayana but you can call me yana. i perfer yana :D i can't post my avatar, i don't know why. everytime i try to change it, the only option i can see is "do not use avatar" :(

anyway, i love drawing. i'm studying arts right now. i love gadgets, food, and many more. feel free t add me if you want to become friends :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hi everyone! my name is ayana but you can call me yana. i perfer yana :D i can't post my avatar, i don't know why. everytime i try to change it, the only option i can see is "do not use avatar" :(

anyway, i love drawing. i'm studying arts right now. i love gadgets, food, and many more. feel free t add me if you want to become friends :)

i believe you need a minimum of 15 posts before you get those kind of privileges. so start posting away!

weclome to iMore by the way! :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I'm Wayne! I'm a Pisces and I believe in World Peace (tm). I also love Jack Daniels, my iPhone and iPad, MacBook, and all the other Apple stuff I've used since about 1979 or 1980. :)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My name is Ty, I'm a YouTube partner and college student. I've had Apple products since I was 5 and I'm currently 20, turning 21 next month.

Hmm let's see.... My major Apple addiction started when the first iPhone came out, then I got every model after even though I was on tmobile until recently. I've purchased a few MacBooks, which my current is a mid 09 15" 2.8Ghz 8gb ram. I had a 17" i7 but it was stolen, long story short. I have an iMac in my office which... is another long story. First iPad I didn't purchase because with me knowing Apples history I knew the next model would be better and it was (the year wait was dreadful). I stood in line at Best Buy for my iPad 2, 16gb which I later took back and got the 32gb. The New iPad I dove in and got the 32gb again then realized I wanted 4G so I got the Verizon 4G model.

My grandma has the first iPad, bought it for her birthday last year. Now she's about to hand it down to my brother who is turning 8 next week and I'll be buying her yet another iPad but an iPad 2 which she wants badly. He has a 1st iPod touch but he doesn't even think about the thing. Lol! We have a few lost iPods in our house, 3 to be exact and I have my iPod classic, 80gb which has like 5k songs on it and I won't get into the pictures and videos. Then I have the cute little nano for my car.

Next purchase will be an Apple TV more than likely and an iMac for my grandmas house. I guess you can say my family has an Apple addiction and I didn't truly notice until now. Welcome to my crazy Apple world.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 4G using Tapatalk

dino195

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I"m Larry but my friends and family call me Dino. I just got the new iPad about a month ago at launch. It is my first Apple and I am totally enthralled with it. I have been scouring the web, trying to learn all the tips and tricks for using my iPad and keep finding myself back here at iMore so I figured I would join.

I have gotten so much out of this website! The best site I have found for learning how to navigate and use my new iPad. I am typing on a split keyboard now thanks to learning how to do so in the tips and tricks section of this site! So much great info!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for putting up this awesome website!

aarlene

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!!!
I'm aarlene and new to this community! I'm a gadget junkie and interested in technology! I'm happy to be part of this community!!!

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My name is Marc. I have been an avid fan of this site for the past few years. I am currently the Social Networking Manager for my family's company, Webb AV. Its really nice because all the employees are tech nerds and we all are fans of Apple devices so that is our ecosystem at work. Everything is Apple and it works.
I have a degree in Information Systems and specialize in mobile devices. I literally live on every Social medium.
Twitter - iTytanious
Instagram - WebbAV or Tytanious

MacBook Air 11" - iPhone 4S 64GB White - iPad (3rd Gen) 64GB White - iMac 27" 2.93 GHz i7

HappyPelican

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone! My name is Tracy and I'm a tech junkie:) I'm around most of the tech sites under the same SN. My husband is starting to think I may have an Apple addiction but eh, what are ya gonna do, right?:D

buffpimpkl

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! My name is Brian and im from the chicago area. I am new to the iphone area and i have to say that its a great phone. Battery life is great and i maybe have to charge my phone once or twice a day. I work in sales and sell on the side other products as well. Im very happy with my choice of the iphone!

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I joined last month, stuck to the 'iPhone 4S' section for a while but have since branched out and made it to the Lounge.
I'm a 20-year-old college student. While I would consider myself a phone fanatic this is my first iPhone. I love anything to do with technology, cars, sports or entertainment.

I have been a contributor on a few other forums throughout the years and hope to interact with a lot of you on here.
Tweet me! @JoshB410

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh