Can anyone tell me if there is much of a difference between these two devices, or are they essentially the same thing? Ordered the Apogee Jam for the hubby for Xmas. T
    12-06-2011 08:47 PM
    The Apogee Jam is a great buy. Very high quality if a bit pricy.
    12-06-2011 10:07 PM
    I'd trust Apogee more than Griffin for audio, especially when the Griffin's description talks about it being "noise free" (which is, frankly, impossible.) I can't speak for sound quality on the Griffin, but the case design doesn't look great in the pictures.

The Jam can also be used with a Mac, which this can't.

Peter
    SolubleApps
    12-07-2011 04:32 AM
    I just bought the Apogee Jam this past weekend. It is great. Works perfect with GarageBand for iPad and iPhone.

You can't lose with the Jam.
    12-07-2011 07:38 AM
    Thanks for all the help everyone!!
    12-07-2011 08:55 PM
    I would go with the Jam too. 2nd choice is the Peavy unit.

Cheers,

--kT
    12-24-2011 05:26 PM
    I was showing my husband that this thread got linked on the homepage of TiPb website...I was all excited when I saw it on the "From the Forums" post on there....so then my hubby starts to read it, and then I'm like "OH crap stop reading, you aren't allowed to see that" I guess next time I shouldn't post that I got it for him for Xmas, and just post that I was thinking about getting him one...oh well he was going to find out in less than 12 hours!
    12-24-2011 07:37 PM
    Got a Jam today myself, device seems very good, I'm a bit disappointed at how noisy the guitar is when recorded, but I think that's the pickups picking up all the computer RF noise, and not the Jam's fault.
    12-25-2011 07:25 PM
    Got a Jam today myself, device seems very good, I'm a bit disappointed at how noisy the guitar is when recorded, but I think that's the pickups picking up all the computer RF noise, and not the Jam's fault.
    Sometimes there's a way to control "monitoring" on the recording apps.
    01-17-2012 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD