Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Holiday recipes?

What are you guys going to make for the holidays? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I like to change things up. Even two giant turkey meals in a row, if they're exactly the same, is too many.

I've done chinese five spice turkey, Jamaican jerk turkey, and Italian garlic turkey over the last few years. Not sure what to make this year yet.

Also been varying it up between potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash, though this year I'm kind of craving garlic mash with a healthy dose of parmesan.

Haven't done biscuits in a while either... or corn bread...

Decisions, decisions!
    iPhone Nanite

the holiday recipes is very wonderful for the ladies in cooking manner. i like also because my many friends found of cooking so keep it up have a very nice day sir.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 5.0

Default Chestnut Stuffing

There are no exact measurements, it's a taste as you go extravaganza

Ground Beef- chop it up really fine and fry it up
    Chestnuts- Unshell and chop, add to the frying ground beef
    Onions- chop up and add as much or as little as you desire
    Celery- same as the onions

You can stuff it in the turkey, or eat it after its done, these ingredients together just work perfectly

Enjoy
    64GB Space Gray iPhone 5S on Verizon
    64GB Space Gray iPad Mini w/Retina on Verizon
    16GB Silver Nano
    Apple TV 2nd Gen
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro Mid 2012

Like Watches? See my watch reviews at www.youtube.com/DougFNJ now in HD
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

This year I'm going to brine my turkey with Emeril Lagasse's famous seasonings, and then roast it, and a turkey feast can't be complete without the regular trimmings like stuffing, smashed potato, butternut squash with brown sugar and butter glazed in the oven, beans, corn, carrots, fresh baked bread, gravy and home made cranberry sauce. Also some bacon wrapped water chestnuts and shrimp cocktail for apps! Mmmmm I'm getting hungry....
    "Hello my name is Kristy, and I'm an Appleholic!"

Twitter: @Kristy_Lyn
    iMore Pro

Deboning the turkey this year.

Will roll rice/apple stuffing inside the deboned turkey with breast meat outside and deboned leg and thigh meat inside.

Should cook a 20 pound bird in 90 minutes. Every slice has white meat, dark meat and stuffing
    iPhone Newbie

Recently I have found an interesting recipe but have not tryed it yet. I think it would be very delicious!
    Marinade for turkey (or chiken) :
    mustard 4 tablespoons
    0.5 cup of ketchup
    a little bit of mayonnaise
    100 ml of soy sauce
    salt
    pepper
    curry
    Coat a bird with this mirinade, leave it for 12 hours.
    You should bake it in the oven. After 1 hour open the oven, pour the Juice of half of an orange on the bird and bake for another 30 minutes with low temperature)))
    Be guest on our site: http://usoapps.com/
    Fell free to read our blog: angryfly.weebly.com
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    What are you guys going to make for the holidays? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I like to change things up. Even two giant turkey meals in a row, if they're exactly the same, is too many.

I've done chinese five spice turkey, Jamaican jerk turkey, and Italian garlic turkey over the last few years. Not sure what to make this year yet.

Also been varying it up between potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash, though this year I'm kind of craving garlic mash with a healthy dose of parmesan.

Decisions, decisions!

Sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash are pretty high on my holiday recipes list. Other winter squash in a dish or baked all alone makes me happy either way. Of course, a nice, smoked turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and some gravy in a sandwich are really really good too!!.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post

Decisions, decisions!
    I like turkey with gravy with cranberry sauce and stuffing. This is my favorite holiday dish. Pumpkin pie is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. I prefer to make green been casserole and mash potatoes in my holiday recipes. I like ham too. Thanks for sharing this information.
    iPhone Nanite

Oh, a vairty delicious western food, do anyone try some chinese food. The chinese Dragon Boad Festival will come...