Going the iWay

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I discovered this family of sites on PreCentral during a brief foray with the Palm Pre and have had a Droid2 since it was the new boy on the block and have been hanging out over at Android Central, but now that I have an iPad2 from work and just setup my wife's new 4S, I'm thinking about leaping the whole family into iPhones. No, it doesn't do everything I've grown used to on the Droooooid, but it seems remarkably stable and responsive which I can't say about my Droid. I look forward to reading through the appropriate forums here. Thanks for all of you that answer us newbs' questions!

Rgds/Mark M.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I discovered this family of sites on PreCentral during a brief foray with the Palm Pre and have had a Droid2 since it was the new boy on the block and have been hanging out over at Android Central, but now that I have an iPad2 from work and just setup my wife's new 4S, I'm thinking about leaping the whole family into iPhones. No, it doesn't do everything I've grown used to on the Droooooid, but it seems remarkably stable and responsive which I can't say about my Droid. I look forward to reading through the appropriate forums here. Thanks for all of you that answer us newbs' questions!

Rgds/Mark M.

Welcome.

I've had several phone platforms and still work with and troubleshoot them because I'm a messaging and security sys admin. They all have strong and weak points. Typing options are much better for Android but I'm used to it on my iPhone. I doubt I'll leave the iPhone soon because I use a time, billing and accounting system that works so well between it, iPad, Dropbox and QuickBooks.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome.

I've had several phone platforms and still work with and troubleshoot them because I'm a messaging and security sys admin. They all have strong and weak points. Typing options are much better for Android but I'm used to it on my iPhone. I doubt I'll leave the iPhone soon because I use a time, billing and accounting system that works so well between it, iPad, Dropbox and QuickBooks.

Thanks Imwjl. I agree each phone has had its strengths. Probably the two things I see that I will miss from the Droid are some of the widgets on the various home screens and one of my favorite apps which automatically put my phone on vibrate overnight and for church and standing meetings at work, etc. and then put it back on afterwards. I've not seen anything similar for the iPad/iPhone. I'm also stunned that the default iPhone alarm does not play music (neither does the Droid alarm, but it doesn't really claim to be a iPod also).

Rgds/Mark M.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods