Recipe: Healthy-ish chocolate peanut butter pancakes
Healthy-ish chocolate peanut butter pancakes
(This is a variation of basic recipe I use a lot for all sorts of different pancakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat flower (if you don't like the stronger taste, use never-bleached white flower)
- 1 cup oats (quick, not instant)
- 1 scoop whey isolate (if you don't care about the protein hit, you can leave this out)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, whatever kind you like
- 4 squares very dark chocolate, chopped up
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Dump all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, add the wet ingredients, stir until pancake batter-like. You may need to add more milk if itís too thick or if you just want it thinner.
Let it sit for a while, then cook, eat, and enjoy.