Google's days are numbered!! Steve Jobs' Revenge!

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i think Siri will have minimal affect on Google. All Google has to do is come up with their own variation of the same thing and Siri is null and void.

Google will never go away because people love the open aspect of it and the hackability and customization factors.

I have now owned both and I really dont favor either one. BOTH have their pros and cons.

IMO Google's biggest threat to an untimely demise is the fragmentation of their system. I mean how miany different devices are out there running Android and of all those devices, there are almost as many OS version floating around as well.

It seems Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG etc etc etc are releasing new Andorid OS devices WEEKLY..... it will be a case of over saturation. but thats only my opinion.

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Honestly i think Siri will have minimal affect on Google. All Google has to do is come up with their own variation of the same thing and Siri is null and void.

Google will never go away because people love the open aspect of it and the hackability and customization factors.

I have now owned both and I really dont favor either one. BOTH have their pros and cons.

IMO Google's biggest threat to an untimely demise is the fragmentation of their system. I mean how miany different devices are out there running Android and of all those devices, there are almost as many OS version floating around as well.

It seems Moto, HTC, Samsung, LG etc etc etc are releasing new Andorid OS devices WEEKLY..... it will be a case of over saturation. but thats only my opinion.

I agree that Google is strong and well established and will be around for a very long time but this hits them pretty hard! When you ask Siri for information then you don't use Google. That goes for every time that anyone with an iPhone wish Siri ask her to look up anything! That's a lot of people and a lot of missed opportunities for Google!

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's another article on the subject:
Here Comes Apple?s Real Thermonuclear War Against Google

Google's search ad revenue is not in any immediate danger. The term "thermonuclear" is over-dramatic and inaccurate. Apple's strategy is more like a siege. They are slowly cutting off input to Google's services coming from iOS (and eventually OS X) devices.

Google made a major mistake in turning against Apple, a once close partner in deploying Google's services on mobile devices. Google still gets 2/3rds of their mobile search requests from iOS devices. Fortunately for them, search ad revenue from mobile is not likely to ever catch up to what they get from traditional PCs. It will be significant, but it's not their life blood.

But as people convert more of their computing time from the desktop/laptop to the smartphone/tablet platforms, Apple's devices with Siri will become a more significant factor. This trend may not destroy Google's core business, but it will stunt its growth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711