What's ahead for apple?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Not sure what forum to post this in as it's just discussion or speculation of what Apple might bring in the next year.

The iphone 4S should have clued people in somewhat on Apple's strategy. No longer am I expecting a retina game changing ipad 3 in the spring. I'm thinking more like an ipad 2S. Upgrade the camera, add in Siri, A6 processor, 5.x bump in software, hspa+, etc.

Iphone 5 in fall? A6, LTE, double RAM, redesign, iOS 6, and i'm thinking the exclusive feature might be Apple Navigation, iNav or whatever Apple calls it. With Siri integrated into it, that could be impressive. This is a weak area for Apple and probably one they one to sever google from. Will Apple Ditch Google Maps in iOS 5? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com provides some details. Imagine the icloud at work with it as well.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been enjoying my new iPhone 4S so much that I haven't even thought about the next iPhone. I will continue to do so until summer rolls around again. :)

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what forum to post this in as it's just discussion or speculation of what Apple might bring in the next year.

The iphone 4S should have clued people in somewhat on Apple's strategy. No longer am I expecting a retina game changing ipad 3 in the spring. I'm thinking more like an ipad 2S. Upgrade the camera, add in Siri, A6 processor, 5.x bump in software, hspa+, etc.

Iphone 5 in fall? A6, LTE, double RAM, redesign, iOS 6, and i'm thinking the exclusive feature might be Apple Navigation, iNav or whatever Apple calls it. With Siri integrated into it, that could be impressive. This is a weak area for Apple and probably one they one to sever google from. Will Apple Ditch Google Maps in iOS 5? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com provides some details. Imagine the icloud at work with it as well.

I think we will see a revamped iPad3 this spring. Retina display, HUGE camera updates, and I agree with you on the rest.

As for the next iPhone, I don't see them calling it the iPhone 5 as it won't be the 5th iPhone. I think they drop the number game and just call it iPhone. I also think this will be the redesign everyone was looking for. I agree that LTE will be there IF Apple can get LTE to play nice with the battery. I also see a bigger screen 4inch is perfect.

I would love an Apple navigation app. I think this has been a weak point as well and think this is over due in my opinion.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with most of what cardfan and Click are saying..

iPad 3 will be probably first part of next year.. Retina Display will be its biggest improvement.

iPhone 5 will be June as normal.. Its biggest improvement will be LTE and 4 inch screen.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Last I saw, Qualcomm's next version of quad band radio chipsets that's expected to be thinner, and less of power hungry, and be LTE capable isn't due until Q2-2012. My guess: We'll see an LTE iPhone on the streets in about a year from now.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I would really love to address every part of your post but... I'm going to keep quiet for now. :p But I will say you have some pretty good theories.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would really love to address every part of your post but... I'm going to keep quiet for now. :p But I will say you have some pretty good theories.

You mean you don't like saying something, being told you're full of crap, and proven to have been right in the end??? :D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
After all this time, people should really know when some people say something, there is a really good chance that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

While I agree there will always be new people that wander in and have zero clue. But I will say all of those who wandered in then simply disappeared as the 4S was official.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner