Box.net 50 GB free storage

Reciprocal

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
there is a 25MB limit on the free account, so you may have 50GB, but if you want videos for streaming, this will not work very well. Also, I'm sure most videos captured by the 4 and 4S are larger than 25 MB.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
there is a 25MB limit on the free account, so you may have 50GB, but if you want videos for streaming, this will not work very well. Also, I'm sure most videos captured by the 4 and 4S are larger than 25 MB.

The files are limited to 100 MB, but total storage is 5 GB. You're right that most videos from the 4S will be larger than 100 MB. Does anyone know if iCloud storage has any file size limits?

After thinking about it a bit more, I'm wondering whether this company can survive giving away this much storage. It's fine for temporary storage, but I probably don't want to use it as cloud backup storage.

jsox78

Aug 30, 2011
johnbowersox.me
This is a great deal, but you still need to pay for an account if you want sync access from your computer. I signed up simply for the storage, but I will likely continue to use Dropbox because of desktop sync.

Reciprocal

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The files are limited to 100 MB, but total storage is 5 GB. You're right that most videos from the 4S will be larger than 100 MB. Does anyone know if iCloud storage has any file size limits?

After thinking about it a bit more, I'm wondering whether this company can survive giving away this much storage. It's fine for temporary storage, but I probably don't want to use it as cloud backup storage.

I tried uploading a smaller file and for the free account that is set up using this method has a file limit of 25MB. The 100mb limit is for the paid 50gb account. I couldnt even upload a 70mb zip file.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried uploading a smaller file and for the free account that is set up using this method has a file limit of 25MB. The 100mb limit is for the paid 50gb account. I couldnt even upload a 70mb zip file.

Thanks for the hands-on update. That's a terrible limitation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro