iPhone is no longer the star of Apple

Whitepm79

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
iPhone gets same tech iPad had 6 months ago

Since the iPad came out the iPhone has taken a back seat. iPad came out in April 2010 with the a4 chip and the iPhone followed in June. I didn't think much about it then but I'm getting a scary feeling. The iPad 2 came out in March 2011 with an a5 chip and the iPhone about 6 months later in Oct with the same chip. The iPhone was my doorway drug into apple and caused me to buy an iMac, MacBook, iPods and an iPad. Tell me I'm jumping the shark!

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You know they just sold over one million iPhone 4Ss in 24 hours, right?

I'd say the iPhone is doing just fine.

It's been the worlds best selling phone for more than a year...

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 4s has a better camera than any other ios device, and siri.

I got an ipad almost a year ago, and because of my good experience with it, and all the cool features iphone 4s has, im planning on getting one in a month or so, and am more interested in macbook airs for when i need to get a new laptop.

I like everything about iphone, except i wish it had windows phone's metro ui. But wp's just dont compare yet in features and performance.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i dont even follow apple stuff much (being a current BlackBerry user and hopefully soon an iP4s user ;) )

and even i know this statement is really off... as Sean said... the pre-orders outsold iP4 by 400K in one day alone... insane. I believe that in the US the iPhone has the largest loyalty.. so all the pre iP4 owners that are now due to upgrade will be getting it.

not only that... you cant carry an iPad in your pocket for phone calls... and I would say the majority of iPad owners only own the wifi version....

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The iPad is not as accessible to the general public as the iPhone. Even at a subsidized price, it's a luxury item that most people can't justify as a need. The iPhone fills an everyday function that people can justify as a need. It's still a bit of a luxury item, as a general free flip phone will make phone calls just as well, but still, the iPhone is an every day use item. I'd think that the iPhone would have a greater impact on people looking into other Apple products as an accessory to their iPhone, rather than a regular consumer purchase. Until the iPad is perceived as a necessity in the same way an iPhone is, it will never be the true star. It may be a way to demonstrate some new tech that trickles down, but it will never have the overall interest from the general public, who, quite frankly, don't know or care about the specs if the product works for them. The iPhone is the iconic Apple product and the one that most people are drawn to and is probably the gateway for many into the rest of the Apple line.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Since the iPad came out the iPhone has taken a back seat. iPad came out in April 2010 with the a4 chip and the iPhone followed in June. I didn't think much about it then but I'm getting a scary feeling. The iPad 2 came out in March 2011 with an a5 chip and the iPhone about 6 months later in Oct with the same chip. The iPhone was my doorway drug into apple and caused me to buy an iMac, MacBook, iPods and an iPad. Tell me I'm jumping the shark!

Maybe in the dream world where you live. Trust me, the iPhone is stil the star of the show.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
The iPad has just raised the iPhone's profile, in my opinion. People still anticipate the iPhone launches more overall.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you are saying. It's not that the iPhone isn't selling well or that the public is not interested in the iPhone, it's that Apple itself appears to be giving the iPad priority in technology and release date. It is quite interesting that the iPhone is fallowing in the footsteps of the iPad as far as technology goes. Only thing I can figure is Apple thinks if works great on a device like the iPad it would work great in an iPhone.

If we see a brand new device in the iPad 3 (new processor, new design etc) it will be a good clue to what we can expect with the iPhone 5. It really is an exciting time to be an Apple user and a gadget fan!

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the iPad could ever take away from the iPhone. I would never want to txt on an iPad all day long as this would be very annoying. I don't even see the need for a tablet device as I always have my phone or am near my macbook pro because of school. The size of the device makes it a luxury and not a necessity like the iPhone.