What I want in the 2012 iPhone design
Apple, if you're listening, I just want two external changes to the 2012 iPhone:
1) Curved glass edges. I think the overall shape is fine, but rounding off the edges of the glass panels would give the iPhone a better look and feel. I don't like the slightly plasticky feel of the glass edges as they are now.
2) MagSafe docking connector. Yes, this would require iPhone / iPad / iPod dock connectors to all be changed in one fell swoop. But it would add slickness to all those products (and it might free up a tiny bit of internal space for a slightly bigger battery.)
There are other items on my wish list, but they're only minor:
- Shiny Liquidmetal back instead of glass.
- Narrower bezel so screen is flush with the edges of the device. Sorry Georgia.
- 2-year lifespan oleophobic coating on the touchscreen. (May have already been done.)
And, of course, it would be cool to have an illuminated Apple logo on the back too.
But not at the expense of battery size and life...