Remembering 9/11/2001.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
9-11_tribute.jpg

It's hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since this sad day in American history. I was listening to the news the other day and it seems like a lot of kids today don't even know what this day is all about. Some teachers have decided to keep education of this day out of their classroom, which I also find sad and hard to comprehend why this is. My 2 children were practically babies on this day, but I take the time each and every year to discuss what happened on on 9/11 with them and make sure that they never forget....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I, for one, am damn sick and tired of all of this political correctness bulls***. Teachers intentionally keeping education about 09/11/01 out of the classroom is unfathomable.

My son is a police officer and his wife's family are all firefighters. These men and women (along with our armed forces who fight to protect our freedom) have my utmost respect and I will forever be in their debt.

Indeed, we shall never forget those who died in attacks on the World Trade Center, The Pentagon and the field in Pennsylvania. Nor shall we forget who perpetrated this attack against us.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ~George Santayana

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Quit picking on teachers. We have enough forced on us in our curricula. You can only fit 9/11 into just so many subjects. It's an important date - let's teach it at home along with respect and manners.

I remember the panic I felt when my principal called me into his office that day to show me the news on tv, knowing that my entire family is in NY. Spent the whole day trying to reach my son, and have never felt such a sense of relief when I finally got through.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ~George Santayana

Amen. I Agree that it is inexcusable that the kids of today have either not been taught or have forgotten what a painful day it was. I would also say the fault lies as much with the parents, of not more than the teachers. While I believe it should be taught as part of the us history curriculum, the parents Gould have an equal responsibility to pass it on.

As for those that died on that tragic day, as well as all those who have passed before and after and continue to lay their lives on the line I say God bless. Thank you for making my life livable in this great country. To anyone who has any direct connection with those that passed on 9/11, my heart goes out to you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Quit picking on teachers. We have enough forced on us in our curricula. You can only fit 9/11 into just so many subjects. It's an important date - let's teach it at home along with respect and manners.

I remember the panic I felt when my principal called me into his office that day to show me the news on tv, knowing that my entire family is in NY. Spent the whole day trying to reach my son, and have never felt such a sense of relief when I finally got through.

Alli, sorry if my opening post came off as picking on teachers, as that was definitely not my intention. Teachers are no different than us Nurses when it comes to having more and more things to do and less time to get them done. However, I do feel as though teaching 9/11 should not be taken away from a "History" teachers responsibility. Kids today need to have an understanding of what happened on 9/11 as it explains many of the things that are going on around them today (ie: patdowns at airports, ect...). I do agree with you and others who said that parents also need to teach their children, which is why I do it with mine..... Anyway, I'm glad to hear that your family was okay on that day. I would have been terrified if I had loved ones in NY on 9/11/2001.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I remember getting to work that morning after having breakfast with my friend who had just finished marine boot camp about a month earlier at Camp Lejeune and was on leave for the weekend to see his mom and dad, my wife called me, told me to turn on the news and i remember telling my supe before i left "World won't be the same after today.", and that has sure become true. I didn't see my friend for almost 4 years after that day, thankfully he's ok and has a family of his own now...i'll never forget the fear i felt when i saw the towers fall and it sunk in that we were attacked.

God bless everyone effected on that day, and RIP to those that lost their lives 10 years ago.

Love and respect to all of our troops (still here and those who have gone) who continue to fight to keep us as safe as we can be in this crazy world.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen