An Epic iPad Rip-Off

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
A South Carolina woman thought she was buying an iPad for dirt-cheap, but ended up with a block of wood. According to a police report, two men approached 22-year-old Ashley McDowell in a McDonald's parking lot to sell her a new iPad for $300. They explained they were able to offer her a discounted price because they bought the iPad in bulk. McDowell made the purchase after negotiating the men down to $180 (a steal compared to paying at least $500 in the store). But when McDowell came home and opened her new gadget, which was in a FedEx box, she found nothing more than an iPlank: a dressed-up block of wood. The "tablet" screen had black tape around the perimeter and small square-shaped iPad icons such as Safari, mail, and photos taped to the front. After discovering the fake, McDowell called the police and filed a report.

An Epic iPad Rip-Off, A College Pool Party Makes Waves, and Sinead O

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The adage that I live by: never buy anything from a guy who sells stuff out of his trunk.

Wow... really, just wow.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bad craigslist deal lol I have scored alot of stuff at good prices but you have to be smart
No matter what always in a public place like fast food place .. Starbucks etc not parking lots lol and always check what your buying lol

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use to know a guy who sold PC's out of his car. Just random parts listed as mid-high end PC's. Some didn't even have an OS are had missing parts inside. He did end up getting busted, but seriously. The stories he told us, and how many customers he had. Not a lot of smart shoppers out there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW