Picture of Steve Jobs, 2 days after resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not speaking for anyone else, but real or fake, those pictures are down right disrespectful to both Jobs and his family. I feel it's also in poor taste to post them on here as well. There are already 2 or three threads on here about his resignation, did we really need pics like these that weren't even proven to be true.....

Care to explain why it's disrespectful ?
His condition isn't a secret. The pic gives us all a dose of reality and makes us realize how precious life is. It also makes us take a minute and pray for the most creative mind of our time. This isn't front cover of a gossip magazine . It's a community that wouldn't exist without Mr Jobs.

As I said before, say a prayer and move on. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Care to explain why it's disrespectful ?
His condition isn't a secret. The pic gives us all a dose of reality and makes us realize how precious life is. It also makes us take a minute and pray for the most creative mind of our time. This isn't front cover of a gossip magazine . It's a community that wouldn't exist without Mr Jobs.

As I said before, say a prayer and move on. :)

First of all, it is disrespectful because it wasn't even proven to be real. Secondly, if you or one of your loved ones had cancer, would you want a picture of your condition posted all over the Internet? I certainly wouldn't. I don't care who he his, he still deserves some privacy. My opinion still stands, that picture is in poor taste.
Btw, don't tell me to say a prayer and move on. You posted a tasteless picture without a shred of evidence as to it's credibility therefore this thread is no better than the gossip magazine that you speak of here.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: riley9dy

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
First of all, it is disrespectful because it wasn't even proven to be real. Secondly, if you or one of your loved ones had cancer, would you want a picture of your condition posted all over the Internet? I certainly wouldn't. I don't care who he his, he still deserves some privacy. My opinion still stands, that picture is in poor taste.
Btw, don't tell me to say a prayer and move on. You posted a tasteless picture without a shred of evidence as to it's credibility therefore this thread is no better than the gossip magazine that you speak of here.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

If the picture ( fake or real ) is all over the Internet , then sharing it on here shouldn't make a huge difference as far as Mr Jobs and his family ate concerned , unless you're suggesting that Mr Jobs and his family would only visit this website and find this picture here.

You're trying to turn a thread that was meant to bring positive thoughts and prayers to Mr Jobs , into something negative , by labeling it as poor and tasteless.
Your opinion just stands as what it is , YOUR OPINION. Nothing less nothing more.
I still suggest you say a prayer and move one. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If the picture ( fake or real ) is all over the Internet , then sharing it on here shouldn't make a huge difference as far as Mr Jobs and his family ate concerned , unless you're suggesting that Mr Jobs and his family would only visit this website and find this picture here.

You're trying to turn a thread that was meant to bring positive thoughts and prayers to Mr Jobs , into something negative , by labeling it as poor and tasteless.
Your opinion just stands as what it is , YOUR OPINION. Nothing less nothing more.
I still suggest you say a prayer and move one. :)

I don't need a fake picture to get me to pray for someone. I get it now, it's okay to post tasteless pictures because other websites are doing it. Nice... This may surprise you, but not "every" Apple site has posted those pictures and yet they still managed to pray and have nice thoughts about Steve without them. Oh, btw, I think I stated the fact that it was my opinion that the pictures were tasteless and that I wasn't speaking for everyone, so there really wasn't no need to capitalize the words " your opinion"..... That is all I'm going to say.... ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't need a fake picture to get me to pray for someone. I get it now, it's okay to post tasteless pictures because other websites are doing it. Nice... This may surprise you, but not "every" Apple site has posted those pictures and yet they still managed to pray and have nice thoughts about Steve without them. Oh, btw, I think I stated the fact that it was my opinion that the pictures were tasteless and that I wasn't speaking for everyone, so there really wasn't no need to capitalize the words " your opinion"..... That is all I'm going to say.... ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Nice way to try to put your negative twist to my posts.

You said that I disrespected Steve Jobs & His family by posting the pic here.
That had been true if I was the only source if thic pic. Capice?! ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
unfortunately if everyone got along all the time it would indeed be pretty boring

disagreements, arguments etc. are healthy for forums

now it's time to kiss and makeup :D

Reactions: Behshad

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
SMH...

The guy who says "Can't we all get along" posts crap that's insensitive to Special Olympics...

SMH more...

:( :confused: :(

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The point of my posting that picture was to highlight the absurdity of it all... I made my point...

Illustrating absurdity by being absurd.... that you did....

...but, you or a moderator deleted the reason for my comment - which is now out of context... :confused: :(

Last edited:

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Irish Rose.

Steve Jobs, founder and CEO of Apple, is most definitely NOT averse to being in the limelight.

Steve Jobs, private citizen, is apparently just that. Private.

Personally, I would not start a thread with that picture out of respect for his wishes.
I also wouldn't justify it with 'everyone else is doing it'.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope Steve is with us for a few more years, at least.
It's always sad when the world loses a visionary.

Reactions: Eileen89

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to comment on this as that picture was shown to be fake pretty quickly after coming to the interwebs...but i wanted to say this, anyone that would take a legitimate picture of a person in that condition to show off online is a cruel and f*cked up person...argue all you want, but that's nothing to show off, it'd be like going into a children's cancer ward of a hospital and taking pictures of all the sickly kids to show off to your buddies so they'd be like "Damn! That's gross!", its stupid, insensitive, childish, heartless, dark and a million other different words that reflect just how disgusting it is to show off such a picture (real or fake).

A person that many of us respect is going through a difficult fight...whether its that bad or not is not the issue, I'm sure in our heads we all wish the best for him based solely on his resignation for obvious reasons that we've known about for years now...we don't need a d*mn picture to show us what a horrific sickness can do to a person...imagine one of your loved ones in the same situation and their picture put all over the internet.

I wish jobs the best...but this thread disgusts me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't going to comment on this as that picture was shown to be fake pretty quickly after coming to the interwebs...but i wanted to say this, anyone that would take a legitimate picture of a person in that condition to show off online is a cruel and f*cked up person...argue all you want, but that's nothing to show off, it'd be like going into a children's cancer ward of a hospital and taking pictures of all the sickly kids to show off to your buddies so they'd be like "Damn! That's gross!", its stupid, insensitive, childish, heartless, dark and a million other different words that reflect just how disgusting it is to show off such a picture (real or fake).

A person that many of us respect is going through a difficult fight...whether its that bad or not is not the issue, I'm sure in our heads we all wish the best for him based solely on his resignation for obvious reasons that we've known about for years now...we don't need a d*mn picture to show us what a horrific sickness can do to a person...imagine one of your loved ones in the same situation and their picture put all over the internet.

I wish jobs the best...but this thread disgusts me.

Well said, Sean. I could not agree with you more. This is exactly the point I made in my post yesterday....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't we all just get along?

~Rodney King

Hank, disagreements will happen on a forum, as everyone's views are different. For the record, while I did find that picture very disturbing and couldn't believe it was posted here to begin with, I wasn't going to comment. However, seeing this thread get bumped up to the top of the lounge I felt I needed to express what my thoughts were and leave it at that.... Wishing a sick person well is fine, posting a tasteless/disrespectful picture along with it, is not. Period.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hank, disagreements will happen on a forum, as everyone's views are different. For the record, while I did find that picture very disturbing and couldn't believe it was posted here to begin with, I wasn't going to comment. However, seeing this thread get bumped up to the top of the lounge I felt I needed to express what my thoughts were and leave it at that.... Wishing a sick person well is fine, posting a tasteless/disrespectful picture along with it, is not. Period.

That still remains your personal opinion, which I disagree with.thanks for sharing your opinion , say a prayer & move on ;) :)

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Having recently lost a family member to a slow degenerative disease, I totally agree with you. I don't think my father would have appreciated having people snap photos of him in his final stages and then post them all over the internet, and I imagine the feeling is probably the same for Steve Jobs and his family (whether the pictures are actually real or not). It's almost like seeing vultures circling over a wounded animal, and is very disturbing to me that people feel the need to do it. We all know what has been reported about Jobs... we don't need pictures to actually validate the reports.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Having recently lost a family member to a slow degenerative disease, I totally agree with you. I don't think my father would have appreciated having people snap photos of him in his final stages and then post them all over the internet, and I imagine the feeling is probably the same for Steve Jobs and his family (whether the pictures are actually real or not). It's almost like seeing vultures circling over a wounded animal, and is very disturbing to me that people feel the need to do it. We all know what has been reported about Jobs... we don't need pictures to actually validate the reports.

No matter how you look at this , this thread was meant to bring positive thoughts and prayers to Steve. Irish Rose , who is a much better person than me , is turning this into an argument thread and that itself is disrespectful to Mr Jobs , if you ask me.
I'm sorry about your loss , but I can guarantee that pictures of your father would've been plastered all over the internet, had he achieved the success of the caliber Mr Job has.
I didn't take the pic , just shared it on a forum. I guess you two are much better people than me and you'll both enjoy a nice afterlife in Gods heaven , while I burn in hell :D
Just try to realize that once a person reaches celebrity status , their private life is pretty much non existent , and that my friend is a FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2