- 08-07-2011, 01:38 PM #26
lol sure you pay the ticket and I'll be there My fiance hates folding and ironing lol so this comes in handy because I iron anything I'm gonna wear even t-shirts.
OK so another facet is I like everything straight, even and matching. So if I put something on my cofee table or mantle it has to have another matching one on the other half of the space. If there is no matching I put something else of roughly the same size. They all must be evenly spced apart. If I hang or put together furniture it has to be laser guided straight. If it's a table and it's on wood flooring I use the lines of the floor to make sure the edge of the legs are aligned along the lines lol. I use a measuring tape to measure and make sure everything is evenly spaced. So my friends call me when they have new furniture to put together but they usually don't help because they don't want to measure and check everything. I've even found myself wanting to re-organize things in people's house when they don't have a matching item, it's crooked or un-even.
- 08-08-2011, 08:23 AM #28
Symmetry is everything! I can't even wear asymmetrical jewelry.
And lining things up with the lines on the floor? omg...every morning I go into my classroom and line up the desks to the tile on the floor. (I have a former art room with 12" ceramic tile.) My heart thuds when the kids come in and slam themselves into the desks, sliding them inches from where they started, and I frequently will have someone move their desk in the middle of class just to realign.
- 08-08-2011, 09:20 AM #29
- 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM #30
- 08-08-2011, 09:44 PM #31
- 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM #32
ok so my list is very long so i'll just try to pick out a few good ones....
ok so for the duplicates....
-TP must come "over the top"
- blinds - pointed up
- car - i check that is locked 4-5 times even though i hear it beep and see the lights flash
- i too check my alarm like 5 times to make sure i put it on and everything is OK
her are a few new ones....
- i lock the car even when its in the garage
- i check that the light switch is indeed off even though i just saw the light go out...i sometimes feel like the switch only moved enough to cut the circuit but not enough to be in the full "off position" i fear this will cause a short and must check it LOL!
- all the food, spices, etc in my cabinets MUST be label out
- when a window in my house is closed it must be locked at all times
- if a pillow on my bed ever touches the floor i must replace the case as i feel the floor is dirty even though i vacuum a few times a week
My OCD is not nearly as bad as it used to be, i used to have crazy "rituals" (for lack of a better term) that i had to do every night before i went to bed and it involved checking the light switches, the door locks, the window locks, the stove, basically anything you could think of....the process would take like 30min and if i screwed up the order i'd have to start all over again....
i finally kicked that habit by talking about it with friends and realizing that it was silly...i think this forum might help people! even though i feel like a freak now haha
- 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM #33iMore Newbie
- 21 Posts
My daughter makes fun of me for this but I do it with out even thinking...
Fast food wrappers, like for a burger, I fold the top and bottom edges down about 1.5" twice and make sure it's nice and flat.
Also with a can of soda, I have to turn the tab to the right.
I am also on the TP bandwagon...MUST come from the top of the roll!
- 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM #34
- 08-11-2011, 06:36 PM #35
- 08-12-2011, 10:37 AM #36