Apple has more cash than the federal government

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Funny we've been having this conversation, and just yesterday i was reading about how our own government is filing a law suit against the state of Alabama for having their own immigration policy and enforcement...really? You want to punish a state for doing something our federal government hasn't been able to effectively do?

There's something so much deeper to this that none of us see really, and I'm really anxious to know what it is...why would the feds sue a state for taking work load off of them, unless they don't want individual states to see something we shouldn't?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Funny we've been having this conversation, and just yesterday i was reading about how our own government is filing a law suit against the state of Alabama for having their own immigration policy and enforcement...really? You want to punish a state for doing something our federal government hasn't been able to effectively do?

There's something so much deeper to this that none of us see really, and I'm really anxious to know what it is...why would the feds sue a state for taking work load off of them, unless they don't want individual states to see something we shouldn't?

The feds still have suits pending against Arizona as well. Ironically, when DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano was governor of Arizona she repeatedly stated that there was a major problem with a porous border and that securing the border and dealing with illegal immigration were federal issues. Now that she's DHS Secretary, she says the borders are secure.

The feds either need to do their job of securing the borders and dealing with the flood of illegals pouring across the southern border, or get out of the way of the states who are willing to do something about it. The saddest part is that the feds recognize that there is an issue and have even posted signs like the one below warning legal US Citizens to be careful and/or stay out of certain areas because of coyotes (human smugglers) and drug runners in the area.

warning%2Bsign%2B2.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The feds still have suits pending against Arizona as well. Ironically, when DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano was governor of Arizona she repeatedly stated that there was a major problem with a porous border and that securing the border and dealing with illegal immigration were federal issues. Now that she's DHS Secretary, she says the borders are secure.

The feds either need to do their job of securing the borders and dealing with the flood of illegals pouring across the southern border, or get out of the way of the states who are willing to do something about it. The saddest part is that the feds recognize that there is an issue and have even posted signs like the one below warning legal US Citizens to be careful and/or stay out of certain areas because of coyotes (human smugglers) and drug runners in the area.

warning%2Bsign%2B2.jpg

+1 Hank. The other place the Feds are all messed up is all the handouts they label "entitlements".

I pay my taxes, I pay for my health care and vehicle insurance and I also pay yearly to have my children in public schools.

For Joe illegal down the street, the government pays for his health care, his health insurance and his children's education. Not to mention he is on welfare and his kids lunches are paid for. Why? Because his employer pays him in cash to a SSN that has been stollen form a 10 year old and he show little to no income.

Where does the money come from? You guessed it. You and me and our hard earned tax money. So not only am I putting my own children through school and paying for life, but I'm paying for Joe illegal to have good on his plate, health care, education for his children and he doesn't even have vehicle insurance so if he wrecks into my car, guess who pays for that?! I think we all know the answer, and I for one am tired of the governments handouts to those who are not even here legally.

You want to cut the deficit so you can go to work on cutting the actual debt? Stop paying for all the stupid entitlements to people who are illegal! Last time I checked, the word illegal means you are breaking the law. When I break the law, I am fined or put in jail and can't get off the hook using the profiling or race card.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 Hank. The other place the Feds are all messed up is all the handouts they label "entitlements".

I pay my taxes, I pay for my health care and vehicle insurance and I also pay yearly to have my children in public schools.

For Joe illegal down the street, the government pays for his health care, his health insurance and his children's education. Not to mention he is on welfare and his kids lunches are paid for. Why? Because his employer pays him in cash to a SSN that has been stollen form a 10 year old and he show little to no income.

Where does the money come from? You guessed it. You and me and our hard earned tax money. So not only am I putting my own children through school and paying for life, but I'm paying for Joe illegal to have good on his plate, health care, education for his children and he doesn't even have vehicle insurance so if he wrecks into my car, guess who pays for that?! I think we all know the answer, and I for one am tired of the governments handouts to those who are not even here legally.

You want to cut the deficit so you can go to work on cutting the actual debt? Stop paying for all the stupid entitlements to people who are illegal! Last time I checked, the word illegal means you are breaking the law. When I break the law, I am fined or put in jail and can't get off the hook using the profiling or race card.

Not much to say, Rusty, except "yep". And stop giving "tax refunds" to people who don't pay taxes. How is that even possible?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To give you guys a little insight into the world of DHS that you may not know much about...i actually work for the branch of DHS called Federal Protective Service (it's basically the police department within DHS)...years ago, we were all a part of ICE (immigration and customs enforcement), and under that branch, every officer, special agent, detective, inspector and patrol person was responsible for ALL issues that fell under the vast ICE protocol...

Then when the Obama administration came into office...the department was separated, FPS was no longer a part of ICE, and many other pieces of it were segregated into their own little isolated departments, and then the responsibilities were divided up...and only the remaining portions that fell under ICE were any portion of border/immigration enforcement.

Now i have tons of theories that i could bore you with as to why...but i won't, because I can tell, for the most part, that most of us here are of the same mind in this issue, and you probably already think what i do...but it begged the question...why disband a central force that allowed for so much coverage on the issue, when the problem is growing more massive every day...and then replace it with a smaller group, making it both less efficient, and more costly to the tax payers...

One starts to think that maybe the government itself has no real plan to stop illegal immigration at all...but that's a can of worms that i'll leave for another day... ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One starts to think that maybe the government itself has no real plan to stop illegal immigration at all...but that's a can of worms that i'll leave for another day... ;)

Seems to be the modus operandi for this administrations (and probably others that have preceded it).

My hat is off to you for doing the deed every day... I have friends and family involved in law enforcement... it's tough dealing with this crap when your hands are tied... still, I appreciate your effort. Thank you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be the modus operandi for this administrations (and probably others that have preceded it).

My hat is off to you for doing the deed every day... I have friends and family involved in law enforcement... it's tough dealing with this crap when your hands are tied... still, I appreciate your effort. Thank you.

Hey man, no thanks needed...every time you pay federal tax, you pay my pay check...which is more than enough thanks, since i can count the number of times i put my neck on the line during a year on one hand (at least in my opinion anyways).

Personally, the only people i see as deserving thanks outside their pay checks are fire fighters and soldiers that see battle (or directly support such) when it comes to federal/state employees.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your effort, Sean. At another time and place, my Vietnam homecoming was a lot different. I'm glad to see that the people treat our servicemen and women the way they are supposed to be treated. That also goes for law enforcement and firefighters, too!:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2