Transformers III

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So with Transformers III less than a week away, are you going to watch it? And more importantly will you be watching it on release day?

My Mrs was on set during the major fight scene in Chicago, on Michigan Ave. Thus I'm really excited to see all the CGI added, since she took photos of the set from the hotel [Westin]...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly terrible in my opinion...CGi fest to no end, which i expected, but i was also hoping for their to be at least a some what legitimate story, better than the 2nd movie (which was almost unwatchable), and this film was only a hair better. Would not recommend, and deff would not pay IMAX money again...though, thinking about it, the action sequences were made better with the IMAX experience, so perhaps if you must go, that is the way to see it.

Either way...meh.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Michael Bay loved the footage so much he used it twice!
Transformers 3 uses footage from The Island

And apparently it's not the first time:
Transformers uses footage from Pearl Harbor

Post production...Bay has little if anything to do with that kind of thing technically (outside of input on the final product), his editing crew used fill in shots, which isn't uncommon. His primary responsibility is making sure the actors film correctly...look at his producers and execs to be more involved with post production editing.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Some of it goes way beyond fill, though?to have two films by the same director use the same crash shot as part of a major set piece just looks lazy, regardless of where the blame falls. I mean, it's not like it was in the background; it's the whole focus of the shot.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I admittedly know little about directing or post-production, but don't you think it's at least a LITTLE weird that at least two of his films have recycled footage from two of his own older films? Why don't we see that footage in other blockbusters that he had nothing to do with?

I'm not saying he's the only guy responsible, but if he works with the same crew a lot, maybe he needs a better post-production team.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's happened like this because he's used the same editing crew for over a decade, Jerry Bruckheimer created his team and it's made boat loads of money ever since, so his philosophy is probably why fix what isn't broken? Re-using pieces of old film isn't uncommon, his movies are just so widely seen that it gets noticed more...if you search online for this kind of thing, you'll see it happens a lot more than you'd think.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Brilliant like only the master of the CGi flash flood could do...thank god for ILM, otherwise you'd have been paying attention to the story, lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am going to assume i am the only one here who despises Shia LaBeouf.. every time i see or hear about him outside of films he acts like total a douche. TMZ is normally all over this guy and i LOVE it

that being said, i really enjoyed the first two but i may just wait for this one to hit Netflix..

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know whether to see it in the cinema as I have it downloaded. People saying its not that good

If I was to see it rather see it in IMAX but in 2D only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner