From Crackberry to TipB

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been a long time fanboy of Research In Motions products. I was always defending blackberry OS against iOS. it took me a while to see the light. It took a kick in my butt to wake me up to what has been happening. Don't get me wrong the bb Is a great phone but the iPhone shines in a lot more places where the bb falls short nearly everywhere.

RIM still hasn't woken up. They keep refreshing their devices. They're losing loyal customers fast. I'm proof of that. They have been making horrible decisions regarding announcements and market filling ( as in devices). Im done waiting for RIM to make a real phone. The screwed they're running on is dated. The blackberry bold 9930 should have been released back in 2005. The iPhone was such a hit. It was remarkable engineering with such a thin real estate.

I came to the iPhone after giving in to the fact that not only is iPhone the superior device, but the maker behind it knows what they're doing. Apple not only releases a new OS, but they're loyal and trustworthy when they give you their word. They are releasing OS 5 for the iPhone 3GS. I don't see OS 6 on my old blackberry bold 9630. A device that was only a year old when OS 6 was released.

Apple treats true customers with the same loyalty they receive. They have put the greatest features, big and small to make their sole device reign supreme but also be as gentle as it looks.

The Apple IPhone is the greatest smartphone out there and it looks like it's always going to be that as long as Apple continues doing what they're doing.

My name is Phill C. I'm glad to be a new part of TipB and I love my new Verizon iPhone 4. Thanks Apple!! And @stevejobs

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
And hey don't forget that iPhone is coming! I can finally live without bbm. My girlfriend did a test and found out that the iPhone received text messages faster than a blackberry in the SMS app. That says a lot about blackberry. And lastly and thankfully, no more battery pulls!!

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I have them both, just the AT&T version. I use to switch back and forth between them every 4-6 months or so. Now I have an Android phone but with iOS 5 the iPhone will have the single greatest deficiency vs android and BB covered, notifications. I can see a patent infringement law suit coming from Android over that notification system, straight out of android, but that is to be expected as they hired the notification guy from Google last year. I might just not switch back.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Phill, I also made the switch. =)

Glad I found this place, was always trolling around Crackberry, needed a place to do the same for my iPhone ;)

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my iPhone last week, kinda got in a fight with my Storm and picked up a Bold 9650, needless to say I didn't even keep it 14 days. Anyways starting to get used to the new OS. Still have a PlayBook though, so I'm not 100% defected.

sogaduch

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the iPhone 4 for christmas and initially thought thought I wouldn't be able to do the full conversion, I had an iPad before and now I am happier then ever with the iPhone just so much stuff personal and business can be done on it. My old BB was the 9700 and now my work all our staff have almost gone all iPhone from BB.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I made the switch, too. But, I do wish T-Mobile would 'officially' get the iPhone, too. I can't stand AT&T's service, it's rather weak at home, compared to T-Mobile.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll throw my hat in the ring as a former 9650 (and MANY other bb's) user who after one to many underwhelming advances in their os just HAD to defect.

I did try android, (great device) but im just not into all the tech end of getting it to work first time every time..

The ip4 does everything i need in a device. So here i am, a newbie all over again.. Be gentle..lol

nm1k0

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I switched last summer when the iPhone 4 came out. I haven't looked back since. The iPhone is a million times better in every single aspect and iOS 5 is only going to further that.

djgmac

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm crazy about my Iphone! I've had it for a month now, and I haven't missed my BB Storm for a second! I have an Ipod Touch, so I should have had an inkling as to how good it is! Oh well, better late than ever!

Luzabeth

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been a long time fanboy of Research In Motions products. I was always defending blackberry OS against iOS. it took me a while to see the light. It took a kick in my butt to wake me up to what has been happening. Don't get me wrong the bb Is a great phone but the iPhone shines in a lot more places where the bb falls short nearly everywhere.

RIM still hasn't woken up. They keep refreshing their devices. They're losing loyal customers fast. I'm proof of that. They have been making horrible decisions regarding announcements and market filling ( as in devices). Im done waiting for RIM to make a real phone. The screwed they're running on is dated. The blackberry bold 9930 should have been released back in 2005. The iPhone was such a hit. It was remarkable engineering with such a thin real estate.

I came to the iPhone after giving in to the fact that not only is iPhone the superior device, but the maker behind it knows what they're doing. Apple not only releases a new OS, but they're loyal and trustworthy when they give you their word. They are releasing OS 5 for the iPhone 3GS. I don't see OS 6 on my old blackberry bold 9630. A device that was only a year old when OS 6 was released.

Apple treats true customers with the same loyalty they receive. They have put the greatest features, big and small to make their sole device reign supreme but also be as gentle as it looks.

The Apple IPhone is the greatest smartphone out there and it looks like it's always going to be that as long as Apple continues doing what they're doing.

My name is Phill C. I'm glad to be a new part of TipB and I love my new Verizon iPhone 4. Thanks Apple!! And @stevejobs

RIM still hasn't woken up indeed. I was very nervous when I went in to buy the iphone 4 but don't regret my decision one bit. I'm very happy with this new phone and won't be returning to BB.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I left my BB for Android (before vzw had the iphone). I hated Android, because while it was cool, its WAY too unstable for me. Always needing a reset, forceclosing, etc. I love my iphone so much. It honestly never fails me at all.

I've been having some trouble with Fruit Ninja lately, like its all fragmented, but I assume thats the app because my phone works great otherwise.

Ivana

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I was a Blackberry user for 2 years (Blackberry 8900) before it died and refused to be saved. Now I need a new smartphone and I have my eye set on the iPhone 4, the first iPhone I actually approve of and want to get.

I'm considering waiting until the iP5 (or whatever they call it) or getting the iP4 now, but as it is, I no longer plan to update to Blackberry 9870 like I used to... I loved my Blackberry, but unfortunately the OS is dying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711