Hi....new to the forum

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a current Thunderbolt owner seriously considering switching to the iPhone 4. I have been using Droid phones for a year and have really enjoyed them. I have, however, not been enjoying the battery life on the Tbolt.

I have had an iPhone 3Gs in the past, but couldn't handle the shoddy AT&T coverage in my area, so i switched back over to my Verizon phone. I have actually been with Verizon for 12+ years and kept my number with Verizon while on AT&T.

I'm the proud owner of a MacBook Pro, but i do have several PCs, as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and maybe in the next few hours be an new iPhone 4 owner.

Rich

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I'm still a newbie myself and switched to the iPhone 4 from the Droid 2 Global..haven't looked back since. Battery life is much better than the my previous phone, which is a big plus for me.

Vaman49

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. I switched from a Verizon BB Storm 2 to the iP4 about a month ago. So far, there's no looking back. While I didn't have a Android phone I still have my Galaxy Tab...I don't see changing that anytime soon since it's doing everything I want it to do.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I too had switched from the Droid devices, I was a long time Blackberry user then was tired of the battery pulls every other day so I tried the Samsung Fascinate and then to the Droid X! I can say that the switch to the VIP 4 was the best move I ever made. At least for myself. :D

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My ViP4 is my 1st Apple product and I love it. I'm a longtime BlackBerry user & came from 2 previous Android devices. I've only had my iPhone less than a week. The battery life is amazing, the OS is very stable and it's a lot of fun to use. I typically get a new phone every 4-6 months, but I see myself keeping this device for a long time. I don't regret joining the iPhone club!

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
DONE AND DONE....I now have an iPone 4 in my pocket.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Now off to Jailbreak =)

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have come from a BB Storm also. It has been a little bit of a learning curve, 1 button vs 3. I like the Iphone but I still really really miss my BBM and the notifications. I really Miss Berry Buzz also. The iphone is a very cool phone..I hope they do something about the notifications though.

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If i had to make a wild guess, i would venture to say that the iPhone 5 will be 4G. I have 2 upgrades left for this year. :)

The iPhone 4 for VZW is HSPA+ capable and GSM capable, but no SIM card hence you can't use it as a GSM phone. If you consider HSPA+ 4G, then yes the iPhone 5 might have it. I highly doubt a LTE iphone5 will come out in June.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Having been with Android for a year like you I seriously considered the Thunderbolt. The battery life issue is one of the reasons I went to the iPhone, but I can tell you that you made the right choice for more than just the battery. The only headache I have had with the iPhone is getting my work email set up and that is not Apple's fault. It's on my end. I absolutely love my phone. Everything, dare I say it....just works and works well. Enjoy your phone.

robomav

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i am using samsung epic right now but looking to switch over to verzion iphone. reading through the forums to get peoples opinions on it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i am using samsung epic right now but looking to switch over to verzion iphone. reading through the forums to get peoples opinions on it.

I highly recommend it. This is coming from someone who was not really an Apple fan a couple of months ago. Turned out I just never really gave them a shot. I am very happy with my iPhone 4 now and I'm not looking back.

The people on the boards here are very nice and very helpful. There are a lot of good threads from the past few months to search through to help make your decision. Feel free to ask questions. I would be happy to help with what I can.

Reactions: robomav

wlhampton

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm new too! I just got my phone last Thursday :) I've never had an iphone/droid/smartphone before, or even a data plan. I am loving it so far!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh