Off Topic Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
When I log into this site I now get a radio shack pop up ad. I never had this happen before.

I have a Macbook air with the latest OS.

Is anyone else getting this bar pop up bar on the bottom of the screen.

Second when I go to the apple site a different site takes over and there home page pops up, I cant get to apples home page I get virtue publishers web site.\

Is it possible my mac has a virus.

I know this is off topic but this is where i trust.

Please help

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
update, the pop up bar comes up everytime I click on anything in this site.

If I refresh a page this pop up bar comes back... real annoying

Can Macs have these issues, I m kinda new to Mac

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
is this something new ?

I have never had this before.

It pops up everytime I click on anything over and over again.

Are you Kidding me ?

I hope this is not permanent

PLEASE ADVISE

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I will be back on crackberry so damn fast if this is perm.

this is total bull****, why cant any****in thing stay the same:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
another glitch with it is that you cant click on any links on the bottom of the page where the Ad was before I X it off, it has to be the most annoying thing EVER

Radio shack is for tools anyway. WTF WTF !!!!

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Macrumors has good forums if your looking for iphone related stuff, A lot more traffic as well. Mac-forums.com is also good.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's really annoying. it used to pop up for me every once in a while, but now it pops up every time i got somewhere different on the website. It is really annoying, but from the site owner's point of view. They are probably making a bundle on advertising from radio shack.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone get onto Apples web site, I get redirected to another website Vitrue Publisher?

The only tab that opens on apples site is the store tab if I click on the home page this other site pops up. If I click on ipad or iphone or any other link I get error URL cant be found.

Are we being taken over by aliens

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I would pay a fee to use this site and not have that crap on here.

WTF

Can a MAc get a virus or why would my machine be acting like this. I dont get it

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
from the site owner's point of view. They are probably making a bundle on advertising from radio shack.

True, Just wish they made it less intrusive. There is plenty of space to the left and right of the page that isn't being used for anything. Not user friendly at all.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Can a MAc get a virus or why would my machine be acting like this. I dont get it

It is possible. Highly unlikely though. But you can download an anti-virus app and run a scan if you feel the need. There are a few free ones in the mac app store. I myself run no anti-virus on my mac.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
True, Just wish they made it less intrusive. There is plenty of space to the left and right of the page that isn't being used for anything. Not user friendly at all.

Well they have one on the top, and i wouldnt mind the radioshack ad at the bottom... as long as it didnt follow you as you scrolled up and down.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope enough people complain maybe they will move it.

Has anyone noticed that you cant click on a link on the bottom inch of the web site. This occurs after i X off the stupid pop up.

This is a Major Bummer, I cant stand when site do this, it is such a reflection of the GREED in this country.

I would pay $ 20 a year not to have that crap on here

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's annoying, Nothing I'm gonna start a petition over or anything though. And yeah I noticed that you cant click on anything that was under it unless you scroll down to get it above the area that the ad was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR