Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Talking Just Migrated Over From Hofo/CrackBerry...

Hey Everyone,

I just migrated over here from CrackBerry and HowardForums pending the launch of the iPhone on Verizon. I've had over 200 phones and the iPhone 3G was my favorite smartphone, but I had to leave it behind because of service issues (which were so bad that they let my entire account out of the contracts with waived ETFs) with at&t back in early 2009 I believe and went back to Verizon (again, I've had every major carrier at least twice), where I have been since. I'm very happy with Verizon and have longed for the iPhone 4 since it's debut but I wasn't willing to part with my incredible service, so I'm very happy to finally be getting the best of both worlds.

I loved CrackBerry and have a fair number of posts over there, unfortunately though, I just can't use a BlackBerry anymore when there are so many incredible options out there. I also have thousands of posts on HowardForums, a forum that I loved, but I absolutely hate the way the site was redesigned, which is largely why I searched for another forum to get my iPhone/Verizon information. I'm also extremely active on the off-topic portion of SprintUsers (I have 15,000 posts there), so it feels kind of weird being the new guy on a forum.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know some of you guys. Also, if anyone is on Twitter (twitter.com/JakePleasants), I'd be happy to follow you if you follow me.

- Jake
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Geez, what an overwhelming welcome! Lol jk
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes View Post
    Geez, what an overwhelming welcome! Lol jk
    Hi there! Welcome to TiPb, I would have given you a welcome earlier but for some reason I never saw your post in this forum! o.0

I have to admit that I feel much the same, Being the newbie is a bit of a foreign experience since I was on CrackBerry since Early 2009, leaving and coming to TiPb was quite the intimidating experience, but it's been pretty rewarding so far.
    Donald Kelly | 32GB White i5 | @DonaldKelly_
    Former member of the CB Nation.
    MrP
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

WELCOME!!!
    hope you get your Verizon iPhone asap!!!

Welcome to the dark side
    MrP
    Twitter- paulkehler
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,207 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

200 phones? Sheesh...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    TiPb Fourm Staff

iOS Version
    iOS 7.0

Welcome to the dark side
    Twitter = JHamilton24
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xDAKx View Post
    Hi there! Welcome to TiPb, I would have given you a welcome earlier but for some reason I never saw your post in this forum! o.0

I have to admit that I feel much the same, Being the newbie is a bit of a foreign experience since I was on CrackBerry since Early 2009, leaving and coming to TiPb was quite the intimidating experience, but it's been pretty rewarding so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrP View Post
    WELCOME!!!
    hope you get your Verizon iPhone asap!!!

Welcome to the dark side
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    200 phones? Sheesh...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamilton3 View Post
    Welcome to the dark side
    Thanks guys! It's appreciated. If anyone wants to exchange follows on Twitter, I'm down.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhamilton3 View Post
    Welcome to the dark side
    Forgot to mention, I've been on the dark side before. I had (still have it, actually, I just don't use it) a white 16GB 3G that I used to swap back and forth with my BlackBerry Bold, but I had to leave at&t because of service issues and they let me out of the ETFs. So I've been there before and I love iOS (which I also have on my iPad), but I just couldn't bring myself to leave Verizon when the iPhone 4 came out and now I'm really glad I didn't switch because my dream of a Verizon iPhone has finally come true.