xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hai there. :D

Some of you CrackBerry to TiPB may recognise me, I was on CrackBerry from the 9th of March 2009 until about two weeks ago when I traded in my Torch (which I received as a Christmas present) for a 16GB iPhone 4.

This is my first time truly being on the "darkside" in that I'm on AT&T (I've been a T-Mobile customer since 2008, and previously when not on a 'Berry used all my iOS devices unlocked and jailbroken, an occasionally painful experience.) and so far while I do miss my clicky QWERTY board, and still get the occasional urge to click the lower right of my device to launch the camera app, so far I quite love the iPhone 4.

Five facts about me you could really live without knowing.
- I'm 17. (somewhat young, I'm aware, First device? A Nokia 1100).
- A Brit (Maidenhead, for those who care).
- Mac user since 2006 (first Mac: white 2.0GHz Core Duo MacBook).
- Graphic Designer / Graphic Design Student
- Starbucks Addict (got this from my mum).

Hopefully over time I can rebuild my reputation here on TiPB just as I did on CB. :D

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good (and bad!) to see some fellow former members of the CB nation here! I do miss some of the rather brilliant off-topic discussions and such that we had in some of the smaller sub-forums on CB that aren't here on TiPb.

None the less, Thanks for all the warm welcomes. :D

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Or maybe one called:

MacRumors is a pathetic website run by moron mods and trolled by thin skinned moron posters who whine and complain about being offended by every post and tattle tale to the pathetic mods.

;)

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What sub-forums would you like to see?

While I'm by no means an expert in forum organisation, I really think (personally) that the carriers forum could be better organised, especially as more and more people on various carriers around the world join up and begin posting, I think there will be a point where having North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific all in one as it is right now may get a bit overwhelming for everyone, I don't think the CrackBerry method of having a separate forum for each carrier is the way to go, but possibly just a forum for each region.

For the iPhone apps and games, I think possibly making an "Apps for iPhone" forum with subforums for games would let anyone who doesn't want their gaming mixed in with other apps and those who don't want their more productive apps mixed in with gaming have that separation.

Putting some separation between introductions (like this one) and general off-topic discussion would also tidy things up nicely in my opinion, I think the point I'm getting at is that as someone who comes from Android Central and CrackBerry, It feels to me like everything is "lumped" together into groups when they could for the most part, benefit from being given more separation, however there is also something to be said for how it's been arranged, seeing how much smaller a community TiPB is when compared to Android Central or CrackBerry.

Again, I'm no forum organisation expert, so these are strictly my views, take them with a grain of salt. :D

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not necessarily a subforum but we should start a "CB Reunion" thread for all the former CB.com users...post old usernames, ect. Or even a "post your other SME forums usernames"

+1

I think that would be great, It'll get some usage for sure, and I know there has been one on CrackBerry of iPhone users who ditched their iPhone's for a 'Berry, so it would level things out. :D

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Good (and bad!) to see some fellow former members of the CB nation here! I do miss some of the rather brilliant off-topic discussions and such that we had in some of the smaller sub-forums on CB that aren't here on TiPb.

None the less, Thanks for all the warm welcomes. :D

CB off topic. I had a LOT of good laughs there.
So far I've met HUNDREDS of people on this site with a sense of humor. Well, 2 or 3 anyway. JOKES! I'm kidding.

Welcome to TiPsyB. ;)

+1

I think that would be great, It'll get some usage for sure, and I know there has been one on CrackBerry of iPhone users who ditched their iPhone's for a 'Berry, so it would level things out. :D

This one? "Would you ever go back to BB?"
http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/would-you-ever-go-back-bb-573764/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73