Got a temp job with AT&T

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last March, I was laid off from my previous employer and I've been looking for work since. Few weeks ago, I got a hold of this temp. Agency, and they helped me get a job at AT&T. I went in for the drug test yesterday and I should be getting call on when I start.

I wont be selling phones, but rather stand at the front and be a greater. Help customers find what they are looking for. Direct them to areas (bill payment, iPhone, android, accessories etc) and thanking them for visiting.

It's a three month posision, but I will be paid $14 an hour, and if I work overtime I get time and a half. (meaning, for those who don't know what that means, I will get my normal $14 plus an additional $7 on top) that's pretty darn good for a temp. Job. If they like me, and I do well, I may be able to stay on.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
ChrisGonzales90 - congratulations on your new job. While I agree with getting your degree, it is also good to be able to pay the bills and eat while you are working on that degree. So, in light of the current economy, congrats on your new position and I hope it works out for you.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice way to go off topic people. :rolleyes:

I will not go to college unless they loose the "one size, fits all" education. I want to go in graphic or web design, but not if I have to take classes that do not have anything to do with what I want. It's a waste of my time, and the teachers, as well as the schools. It's not to "get me ready". Thats compete BS.

Plus, money is an issue. I know there is scholarships and such, but it boils down to the "one size fits all" education, and yes I'm aware of tech schools and the art instates but again money and the one size fits all.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ChrisGonzales90 - congratulations on your new job. While I agree with getting your degree, it is also good to be able to pay the bills and eat while you are working on that degree. So, in light of the current economy, congrats on your new position and I hope it works out for you.

Thanks for being on topic.

I may later on go back (I graduated high school in 2008) but my main priorities if getting a permeant job, and soon, move out on my own.

Hopefully by then, schools will realize that one size does not fit all.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well its been a few weeks and I havn't heard back. They said they are still waiting for the results of the drug test, and it shouldnt be that hard. I don't, and will never take drugs, so I don't know whats going on.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well its been a few weeks and I havn't heard back. They said they are still waiting for the results of the drug test, and it shouldnt be that hard. I don't, and will never take drugs, so I don't know whats going on.

That's probably because you showed up pregnant and they don't know why.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's probably because you showed up pregnant and they don't know why.

:D

Well I did get a call, but their failed to work with me on getting on at the store that is closest to my home (two minutes away) since the store the temp agency assigned me to was going to be on the other side of town. They canceled bus service on the road on sundays and I can only take my bike or do the bus, and the bike is imposable in this rain and soon to be snow. Plus the lady was a bit rude when I explained my problem.

So I'm still looking. I'm not really the 9-5 desk job type of person. I'm the type that likes to move around and work with humans, rather then people over the phone. Plus I think I'd be bored with the job real quick.

I have checked other places besides retail such as the city and county. Even the school district. Nothing really that fits me. (or qualified to do) I do want to get my license though. Then may be I could get on at someplace thats a bit feauther out, (like the mall for example) or even work for the county on the construction department. (they get paid good bucks in my area somewhere around $18-21 bucks and all they do is pave street, install signs, signals, sidewalks and other maintenance work.)

but really, the whole, "going to a 4 year universality and living on a six figure income" is not really what real life is all about. I'd be happy as long as I have a good paying job to support my self, pay bills, get weekly groceries and perhaps some money saved up for a little something special.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice