Product Placement

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I know apple is notorious for it's product placement but has anyone else noticed how much more Apple products have been appearing in movies and television shows.

It's kinda make Apple feel cheap and a product whore. Mainly after watching an Episode of House and Hawaii Five-O and seeing nothing but Macbook Pros and iPhones

Anyone else feel the same?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i said the same thing to my buddy when i saw the iPhone doing facetime and making sure it survived the car crash haha

metalmike

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
yea i saw it survive the crash unharmed i was like thats a little b.s and yes Daniel Dae Kim's character did use some HTC phone but nothing but apple made it feel cheap and unrealistic

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i suppose its possbile i mean that SUV flipped and people were still able to maintain conciousness and think to pull out guns as an instinct? no your in an accident you go into shock i dont care how well trained you are

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the part that had me was that the father was using FaceTime in a taxi cab. Now tell me there's WiFi in cabs. Pulease!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Cheep? I don't think so. I don't know why you think that. Apple has changed so much in the past decade. Its hard to think of the Apple we knew ten years ago.

Daniel Dae Kim's character did use some HTC phone unrealistic

Yep. that was after seeing the bright white light.

Actually, the part that had me was that the father was using FaceTime in a taxi cab. Now tell me there's WiFi in cabs. Pulease!

Some cities have wifi. I'm not sure if the "mi-fi" device would work. it used 3G/4G data, but it acts as a wi-fi hotspot. So I don't know.

abrocks22

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
seeing apple stuff is fine with me, it's when they add it in the dialogue like "I'll bing it" and show it on the phone, it's just sooo out of place

gailey

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it seems Apple products are more visible
in TV and movies lately. I think that's normal. There
are other tech companies that have even more
product placements. Companies like Dell, have you
noticed how many movies and TV shows have Dell
all over it? I don't think it's cheap it's just a relatively
new form of advertising that every company must
take advantage of today.

Trending Posts