Why are there so many haters???

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Why do so many people bash the iPhone 4 on the internet? Most of them don't even own an iPhone 4. What's up with all the hate?

Discuss.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Its a nice device that seperated itself from the masses, and happens to be made by apple, headed by a guy who's an egotistical azz. The fanboy crowd is loyal. Jobs restricts and wants the device used the way he wants and the fallowers feel like they're in a gated community. The haters cant stand the ladder point.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Its a nice device that seperated itself from the masses, and happens to be made by apple, headed by a guy who's an egotistical azz. The fanboy crowd is loyal. Jobs restricts and wants the device used the way he wants and the fallowers feel like they're in a gated community. The haters cant stand the ladder point.

Yeah, I guess so...but it's a great smartphone!

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Yeah, I guess so...but it's a great smartphone!

I never said it wasnt, and actually love mine. I don't need to drink any of Job's koolaid though to know so. I actually like Job's. Sometimes the loyal fans seem like tools now and again, thats all. the device rocks and Im not planning on leaving my iPhone anytime soon. I have had the Treo 600, 650, 700p, BlackJack II, and iPhone 3G, and now the iPhone 4.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Exactly. I appreciate the iPhone for what it is, not because I buy into any Apple "cult" mentality.

My other problem arises because the haters judge and think that even people who like the device like you and I are part of that cult. You get labeled from go when they see the apple.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
In the olden days there were "IBM haters." One learned to not to take it personally.

[I hate those football teams that wear red. Is that the same thing as hating Apple? I root for whatever team is playing the Yankees. Is that the same thing as hating Apple?]

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Didn't Aesop answer that question a couple of thousand years ago? Something about a fox that disparaged the grapes he could not reach.

dylanreich

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
In the olden days there were "IBM haters." One learned to not to take it personally.

[I hate those football teams that wear red. Is that the same thing as hating Apple? I root for whatever team is playing the Yankees. Is that the same thing as hating Apple?]
It's more like a "Beat LA" type of thing.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
If there are at least two entities competing with one another then there will always be fanboys and trolls.

See: video game consoles, Mac/PC, sports, etc

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro