It's official, Goodbye Android.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So last night, I've officially done it. I've listed my last Android Phone on eBay. Me and my Nexus One have had some good times. Looks like I'm 100% Apple now.

Now to transition from this crap they call Windows 7, to an iMac.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the party and TiPb.com. I still have and use my N1, but
the i4 is definitely a game changer... battery life, screen, apps and
how everything is implemented.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcom to a more user friendly world!
This might sound dumb, but if I could change one thing about the iPhone, I think I would make it a little more complex. Lol. Maybe that's the geek in me? But the apps, wow. I think I bought one (maybe?) app through the Android Market. Through the Apple App Store I need to make sure my card's not saved to my account, so I'm not continuously racking up charges.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the party and TiPb.com. I still have and use my N1, but
the i4 is definitely a game changer... battery life, screen, apps and
how everything is implemented.

What can you do with the phone when there's no SIM in it? I'm considering getting a new Android phone as a secondary device but there aren't any good ones available for my carrier. Will I have to unlock and activate it just to use it as a test phone on Wifi?

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What can you do with the phone when there's no SIM in it? I'm considering getting a new Android phone as a secondary device but there aren't any good ones available for my carrier. Will I have to unlock and activate it just to use it as a test phone on Wifi?
"Vanilla" Android phones seem to be the only ones that don't have to be activated. The Nexus One can be started up via Wi-Fi, it just has to connect to the Google Servers.

But the same with the iPhone, I'm sure there is a way to activate anything if you really wanted to.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What wrong with Windows 7? I would say that it is the best OS they have produced in a long time. I recommend it to everyone who doesn't want a Mac.

It's good but after a few months I started getting BSOD a few times a day, and eventually my PC was restarting constantly whenever I tried to start it up with my iPhone plugged in.

You'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't want a Mac, eh? haha... Kinda answers your own question doesn't it?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's good but after a few months I started getting BSOD a few times a day, and eventually my PC was restarting constantly whenever I tried to start it up with my iPhone plugged in.

You'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't want a Mac, eh? haha... Kinda answers your own question doesn't it?

Most of my family members can't afford a Mac. They buy what they can afford and what they can afford suits them well.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Most of my family members can't afford a Mac. They buy what they can afford and what they can afford suits them well.

Yeah and what I'm saying is there are really only 2 options in the market... So what you're saying is you would recommend a Mac, but if they can't afford it you recommend a PC. By that logic you're saying that Windows is worse than Mac OS. :p

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally prefer windows xp over vista and/or 7. I agree with Jellotime. I just find myself restarting far too often after itnlocks up on me.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can one even imagine that someone would use AT&T to get an Android?

The AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy S is pretty BAD A$$. So that would be the only decent offering of anything Android from AT&T @ the moment. (Unless you managed to score an AT&T compatible Nexus One from Google) So if I were on AT&T now, and wanted an Android phone, DEFINITLEY the Samsung Galaxy S. (Or whatever spin off name they gave it). But they will soon have to pick up the pace in that section anyway...when the iPhone is not only AT&T, especially if it goes Verizon, they're going to have to draw people in the old fashion way...with a bunch of rad phones, not just the iPhone.

EDIT: It's called the Captivate.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh