Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which GPS do you like?

4. You may not vote on this poll
  • TomTom

3 75.00%
  • Garmin

1 25.00%
  • Built in with the car

0 0%
  • None, I don't need no stinkin GPS

0 0%
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

2,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts

Default Car GPS units

Okay, so I'm not impressed with Garmin at all. I just bought a TomTom Go 740 and already like it better. And with the addition of downloading voices, Snoop Dogg is gonna talk me through the town.

Built in with the car
    iMore Elite

2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Navigon with iphone right now.

Used to have Garmin Streetpilot 2610. No 3d maps, but much more you could do to customize it with settings and info. I liked it.

Garmin Nuvi. Forget which but they all seem the same these days. More simplified than past. Just don't like anymore because POI's are a pain. I need Google search. That system in the past of updating maps for 70 or so each year is dead to me now. And i don't get the needless features of photos, bluetooth, and music.

Haven't had one built in car yet. Probably wouldn't. I'd prefer my next car to be fully integrated with smartphone. I just dock it easily or take it with me.
    iPhone Intermediate

386 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

I like the Magellan stand-alone GPS. I bounce from TomTom, Magellan, Navigon and CoPilot on my iPhone. I used TomTom on my iPad the other day and it worked great.