Where's your iPhone in your car?

Where do you put your iPhone in your car?

• Leave it in my pocket..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cup holder

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Center Console

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Car Kit Dock

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other....

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

SCdudeBro

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Just curious about who puts their iPhone where when they are driving :p
I drive a tacoma and alway find myself putting my iPhone in one of the cup holders. I recently took off my slider case and found that I was padding my cup holder with something soft before I put my iPhone in.

So this prompted me to ask, "where does everyone else put theirs?"
Are you a leave it in the pocket person, center console, cup holders? Do you have a car kit that you dock your iPhone in?

If you do put it somewhere other than your pocket, do you have a case, or do you just drop it unprotected somewhere?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I use to keep mine in an Air Vent Clip Holder that I really liked. It was very nice to have when I wanted to use the Navigation (NA CoPilot) of my iPhone or easily see who was calling. It was also easy to charge while in the Vent Holder. Then I broke the silly thing!:rolleyes: Now I need to go back and get another one from WalMart.

For now I just place my iPhone in one of my Cup Holders. I use to just put it between my legs until I kept forgetting it was there and I would stop and get out. There the phone would go flying!:eek:

That is when I bought the Otterbox Defender case which is where my iPhone stays no matter where I use it or store it:)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I use to keep mine in an Air Vent Clip Holder that I really liked. It was very nice to have when I wanted to use the Navigation (NA CoPilot) of my iPhone or easily see who was calling. It was also easy to charge while in the Vent Holder. Then I broke the silly thing!:rolleyes: Now I need to go back and get another one from WalMart.

For now I just place my iPhone in one of my Cup Holders. I use to just put it between my legs until I kept forgetting it was there and I would stop and get out. There the phone would go flying!:eek:

That is when I bought the Otterbox Defender case which is where my iPhone stays no matter where I use it or store it:)

Exactly why I don't put it near on me or my
seat.

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Cup holder unless I have the stereo cranked (which is most of the time,) then it goes on my leg with vibrate on so I'll know if it rings. I can't hear it otherwise, and most of the time I don't notice it vibrate, either.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
right between my legs for easy access, i know i'm not the only one

If you were a woman that would be too easy a setup LOL I keep mine in my pocket or in my cupholder which is in my center console but always have my headphones in to answer without taking my hands off the wheel or my eyes off the road.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you were a woman that would be too easy a setup LOL I keep mine in my pocket or in my cupholder which is in my center console but always have my headphones in to answer without taking my hands off the wheel or my eyes off the road.

Good answer! I'm concerned about all these people who are going to a) grab for their iPhones from their laps when they stop short and b) fumble to answer their iPhones when they ring. Not to mention the startle effect when your lap starts vibrating. You can do this while driving?

Get a handsfree, please!

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Good answer! I'm concerned about all these people who are going to a) grab for their iPhones from their laps when they stop short and b) fumble to answer their iPhones when they ring. Not to mention the startle effect when your lap starts vibrating. You can do this while driving?

Get a handsfree, please!

Good points, Alli.

I'll only put mine on my leg if I have the clunky (yet protective) Incipio case on it and I'm expecting a call I don't want to miss. If I have to hit my brakes hard, I don't jump for it, if it falls, it falls. When it has, I left it on the floor until I can stop somewhere to retrieve it safely.

I get very few calls, but I just tap the screen and use the speakerphone, so it IS hands-free for me. Even then, I usually just ask if I can call back when I'm off the road.

I drive a school bus for a living, so I am accustomed to distraction while driving. Still, I try to keep it to an absolute minimum at all times.

It's now illegal in our state to use a hand-held cell phone while driving, yet it amazes me just how many people still do it. I pass one guy every morning at 7:30 and for five years he has been on his cell phone EVERY SINGLE MORNING but two. Who wants to be yakking on a phone at that hour?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I look at it this way, before cell phones you couldn't be reached in the car so if the phone rings and my earphones aren't in I just let it ring. I don't think there could be a message that important besides what if your battery was dead the person couldn't reach you what would they do then?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Normally in the door armrest pocket thingy with my wallet. Sometimes between my legs if I am expecting a call.

SCdudeBro

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
My buddy just told me he has a belt clip/case. He clips his to the visor. That way he can hear it ring and not have to look down to see who it is...I thought that was a good idea.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77