Hello and a question

Larz#IM

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Larz and I live on the North Shore of Boston. I wanted to introduce myself in the introduction thread but i could not find it.

I am currently a Blackberry Curve user with AT&T and am upgrading to an iphone soon.
As money is an issue right now I am looking at the 3g 8Gig. One question I have is where is the advantage of more gigs? Do the gigs relate simply to media storage or does it have an effect on apps?

With regard to music, I have 4 gig ipod and come nowhere near capacity for music so that's not a real need. Also, coming from a Blackberry curve, the speed of the 3g is lightning compared to what I'm used to so I don't think, simply for internet speed, I need to pay the additional $100.00 for 3gs.

Thanks for your help.

Larz

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The 8GB is referring to media storage. 8GB might get you by with music but you will be very disappointed when you start downloading apps. You'll find yourself running out of room and wishing you had at least a 16GB. That's the boat I'm in now.

I only have a 3G and not a 3Gs but I hear the speed increase is worth the extra money. Plus you get other cool things like a video recorder and voice dialing/commands. With OS 4.0 looming with it's rumored features such as multi-tasking, the 3Gs would be more suited to handle these capabilities than the 3G.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
just wait for the summer and watch the price of 3gs drop and get that or get the 4th generation iPhone that's released. Most apps don't consume much drive space. 8 Gigs would be plenty for what you're describing.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
just wait for the summer and watch the price of 3gs drop and get that or get the 4th generation iPhone that's released. Most apps don't consume much drive space. 8 Gigs would be plenty for what you're describing.

The 3Gs only comes in 16GB & 32GB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro