Recently Purchased Items thread (post pictures!)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No, unlocking it will only allow you to use your Vivid with another GSM carrier SIM card. You would still have to Root in order to remove AT&T's bloatware. Unlocking it will also get you a little more money when you sell the phone, though. :)

My friend at the AT&T store says that you are correct. I may just unlock it for the resale potential, but will not root it. The bloatware seems to have very little effect on the speed or performance of the phone, so i'll keep everything as is. What Google is doing, is to sell the Nexus as they do in Europe, an idea that i'm in total agreement with. It takes away some of the power of the big companies, and puts it back in the hands of the consumer. At first, $350.00 seems like a lot of money for a phone, but think about the people who spend $200.00 every other year, and it's not so bad. Keep us informed about your progress with the Nexus, as i may just re-think my options for next Spring. Good luck.:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...

You got a good deal, Fausty. Congrats! :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't really care about the channels that are lost as I never watched them anyway, but if I could get my NHL package half off, that'd work. :D I see a lot of people on DirecTV's Facebook fan page upset about how distraught and suicidal their children are over the loss of the Nick channels. Um........really?

My recent purchase was a bag of used golf balls from the golf course I was at yesterday. Between my golf friend, his son in law, his grandson and me, we probably lost about 30 or so on 18 holes. Yeah. We suck.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Picked up another TAEBO workout DVD and a few things to go along with it this evening. Billy Blanks is one awesome instructor and his workouts are very addicting.

6c02d126-2d78-a9fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. :) I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. :) I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.

I would say having all of these devices with their different OS makes you more of a well rounded individual, and also one who is able to help more people on forums like this one due to your experience with multiple devices each with a different OS. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days:D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days:D

That's cool how you can let your iPhone go naked. Wish I could, but I know it would get destroyed on the days that I keep it in my scrub pocket at work.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's cool how you can let your iPhone go naked. Wish I could, but I know it would get destroyed on the days that I keep it in my scrub pocket at work.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Thanks:) I'm down to just using a bumper on my phone these days-in fact yesterday & today I used my phone naked for a bit of the day & then when I had to go out, I put the bumper back on;) that little sleeve will come in handy for when I don't feel like throwing the bumper back on ATM ;):)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
New set of screen protectors for my 4S and an hd webcam for my Thinkpad laptop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently halter breaking my two year old quarter horse. As is tradition, I bought him a leather halter with a brass name plate on the side for him. All of our horses have their own halters with their names on the side. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I received my purple Speck fit sleeve yesterday & stopped at my tech shop in town today to pick up a neon pink & black bumper :D

My phone is naked today and being pampered in the Speck fit sleeve, which so far I like, and its even vegan "leather" :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I received my purple Speck fit sleeve yesterday & stopped at my tech shop in town today to pick up a neon pink & black bumper :D

My phone is naked today and being pampered in the Speck fit sleeve, which so far I like, and its even vegan "leather" :D

pic or it didn't happen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73