Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 987
Like Tree679Likes
  1. #126  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

    I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to test it out.

    Click to view quoted image


    Click to view quoted image



    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    YaaaaaaY good for you Rose - congrats & enjoy your new device!!
    Eileen89 likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #127  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

    Default

    we really need a "Dislike" button around here
    kch50428 likes this.
  3. #128  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,945 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,826 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    we really need a "Dislike" button around here
    Or a "meh" button.
  4. #129  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    YaaaaaaY good for you Rose - congrats & enjoy your new device!!
    Thanks, Pink. I really like the Nexus so far, but finding a good case for it is tough. I ordered the Speck PixilSkin HD case for a start.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. #130  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

    I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to test it out.

    Click to view quoted image


    Click to view quoted image



    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Hope you enjoy it, Rose.
    Eileen89 likes this.
  6. #131  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Hope you enjoy it, Rose.
    So far I really like it. It has everything I need out of the box except for Swype, but I am going to try Swype beta for Android if it's compatible with Jellybean.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. #132  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Thanks, Pink. I really like the Nexus so far, but finding a good case for it is tough. I ordered the Speck PixilSkin HD case for a start.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    awesome!! I did notice Speck doesnt carry many adroid cases - i was poking around at what they had for the SGS3 the other day, lol. For cases, have you tried Amazon? I found a couple for you from sellers that i use & trust - heres the links in case you decide you want to check'em out (not too expensive either!)

    nexus cases from bastexwireless (type in nexus case in the search bar for bastex)


    nexus cases from electromaster


    Eileen89 likes this.
  8. #133  
    samthelegoman1's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

    Default

    I bought some weed. 🔥


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. #134  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samthelegoman1 View Post
    I bought some weed. 🔥
    Attachment 17312

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. #135  
    vietalogy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    804 Posts
    Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

    Default

    Samsung galaxy S3.


    Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
  11. #136  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    awesome!! I did notice Speck doesnt carry many adroid cases - i was poking around at what they had for the SGS3 the other day, lol. For cases, have you tried Amazon? I found a couple for you from sellers that i use & trust - heres the links in case you decide you want to check'em out (not too expensive either!)

    nexus cases from bastexwireless (type in nexus case in the search bar for bastex)


    nexus cases from electromaster


    Thank you for the link. You know us gals like our cases, lol.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  12. #137  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Attachment 17312

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    +1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Thank you for the link. You know us gals like our cases, lol.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    you bet!! happy shopping - hope you find some good ones!!
    Eileen89 likes this.
  13. #138  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    So far I really like it. It has everything I need out of the box except for Swype, but I am going to try Swype beta for Android if it's compatible with Jellybean.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I do have one question for you. Your new phone has no bloatware on it, and that's good. If i were to get my Vivid unlocked by AT&T, couldn't i delete the bloatware that came with my phone? Obviously, you have the option to choose any carrier, but i like AT&T, so for me it seems that unlocking would be a good alternative, to what you did. Does that sound reasonable to you?
  14. #139  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Thanks, Pink. I really like the Nexus so far, but finding a good case for it is tough. I ordered the Speck PixilSkin HD case for a start.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Part of the problem is that the Nexus 7 is still wet behind the ears... unfortunately, the good cases from quality companies aren't available for several weeks/months after a new device is launched.

    Good luck with the case search and enjoy the tablet.
  15. #140  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I do have one question for you. Your new phone has no bloatware on it, and that's good. If i were to get my Vivid unlocked by AT&T, couldn't i delete the bloatware that came with my phone? Obviously, you have the option to choose any carrier, but i like AT&T, so for me it seems that unlocking would be a good alternative, to what you did. Does that sound reasonable to you?
    No, unlocking it will only allow you to use your Vivid with another GSM carrier SIM card. You would still have to Root in order to remove AT&T's bloatware. Unlocking it will also get you a little more money when you sell the phone, though.
    grunt0300 likes this.
  16. #141  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    No, unlocking it will only allow you to use your Vivid with another GSM carrier SIM card. You would still have to Root in order to remove AT&T's bloatware. Unlocking it will also get you a little more money when you sell the phone, though.
    My friend at the AT&T store says that you are correct. I may just unlock it for the resale potential, but will not root it. The bloatware seems to have very little effect on the speed or performance of the phone, so i'll keep everything as is. What Google is doing, is to sell the Nexus as they do in Europe, an idea that i'm in total agreement with. It takes away some of the power of the big companies, and puts it back in the hands of the consumer. At first, $350.00 seems like a lot of money for a phone, but think about the people who spend $200.00 every other year, and it's not so bad. Keep us informed about your progress with the Nexus, as i may just re-think my options for next Spring. Good luck.
  17. #142  
    ctt1wbw's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,687 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,993 Global Posts

    Default

    Here's JoJo, a 5 year old blue and gold Macaw. We adopted him today.


    JoJo (2) by ctt1wbw, on Flickr
  18. #143  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default

    I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

    So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...
  19. #144  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

    So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...
    You got a good deal, Fausty. Congrats!
  20. #145  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,922 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,654 Global Posts

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...
    I don't really care about the channels that are lost as I never watched them anyway, but if I could get my NHL package half off, that'd work. I see a lot of people on DirecTV's Facebook fan page upset about how distraught and suicidal their children are over the loss of the Nick channels. Um........really?

    My recent purchase was a bag of used golf balls from the golf course I was at yesterday. Between my golf friend, his son in law, his grandson and me, we probably lost about 30 or so on 18 holes. Yeah. We suck.
  21. #146  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Picked up another TAEBO workout DVD and a few things to go along with it this evening. Billy Blanks is one awesome instructor and his workouts are very addicting.




    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
  22. #147  
    pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    3,511 Posts
    Global Posts
    38,953 Global Posts

    Default

    I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.
  23. #148  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.
    I would say having all of these devices with their different OS makes you more of a well rounded individual, and also one who is able to help more people on forums like this one due to your experience with multiple devices each with a different OS.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
  24. #149  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

    Default

    I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days
  25. #150  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days
    That's cool how you can let your iPhone go naked. Wish I could, but I know it would get destroyed on the days that I keep it in my scrub pocket at work.


    Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions