Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree679Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to test it out.

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    YaaaaaaY good for you Rose - congrats & enjoy your new device!!
    Eileen89 likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #127  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

we really need a "Dislike" button around here
    kch50428 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,826 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    we really need a "Dislike" button around here
    Or a "meh" button.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    YaaaaaaY good for you Rose - congrats & enjoy your new device!!
    Thanks, Pink. I really like the Nexus so far, but finding a good case for it is tough. I ordered the Speck PixilSkin HD case for a start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

Got home this afternoon and found a package at my door, opened it up and it was the Galaxy Nexus that I ordered on the 7th from the Google Play store. My tracking info email came right after I opened the box to say it was shipped, LOL. This is the first time I received an item before I got the shipping notice.

I am charging it now so I haven't even switched sims or turned it on yet, but so far I love the feel of it. Doesn't feel cheap as some people have said. I can't wait to test it out.

Hope you enjoy it, Rose.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Hope you enjoy it, Rose.
    So far I really like it. It has everything I need out of the box except for Swype, but I am going to try Swype beta for Android if it's compatible with Jellybean.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

Thanks, Pink. I really like the Nexus so far, but finding a good case for it is tough. I ordered the Speck PixilSkin HD case for a start.

awesome!! I did notice Speck doesnt carry many adroid cases - i was poking around at what they had for the SGS3 the other day, lol. For cases, have you tried Amazon? I found a couple for you from sellers that i use & trust - heres the links in case you decide you want to check'em out (not too expensive either!)

nexus cases from bastexwireless (type in nexus case in the search bar for bastex)

nexus cases from electromaster

Eileen89 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I bought some weed. 🔥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samthelegoman1 View Post
    I bought some weed. 🔥
    Attachment 17312

iMore Expert

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

Samsung galaxy S3.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

awesome!! I did notice Speck doesnt carry many adroid cases - i was poking around at what they had for the SGS3 the other day, lol. For cases, have you tried Amazon? I found a couple for you from sellers that i use & trust - heres the links in case you decide you want to check'em out (not too expensive either!)

nexus cases from bastexwireless (type in nexus case in the search bar for bastex)

nexus cases from electromaster

Thank you for the link. You know us gals like our cases, lol.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

Attachment 17312

+1!

Thank you for the link. You know us gals like our cases, lol.

you bet!! happy shopping - hope you find some good ones!!
    Eileen89 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

So far I really like it. It has everything I need out of the box except for Swype, but I am going to try Swype beta for Android if it's compatible with Jellybean.

I do have one question for you. Your new phone has no bloatware on it, and that's good. If i were to get my Vivid unlocked by AT&T, couldn't i delete the bloatware that came with my phone? Obviously, you have the option to choose any carrier, but i like AT&T, so for me it seems that unlocking would be a good alternative, to what you did. Does that sound reasonable to you?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Part of the problem is that the Nexus 7 is still wet behind the ears... unfortunately, the good cases from quality companies aren't available for several weeks/months after a new device is launched.

Good luck with the case search and enjoy the tablet.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I do have one question for you. Your new phone has no bloatware on it, and that's good. If i were to get my Vivid unlocked by AT&T, couldn't i delete the bloatware that came with my phone? Obviously, you have the option to choose any carrier, but i like AT&T, so for me it seems that unlocking would be a good alternative, to what you did. Does that sound reasonable to you?
    No, unlocking it will only allow you to use your Vivid with another GSM carrier SIM card. You would still have to Root in order to remove AT&T's bloatware. Unlocking it will also get you a little more money when you sell the phone, though.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts

No, unlocking it will only allow you to use your Vivid with another GSM carrier SIM card. You would still have to Root in order to remove AT&T's bloatware. Unlocking it will also get you a little more money when you sell the phone, though.
    My friend at the AT&T store says that you are correct. I may just unlock it for the resale potential, but will not root it. The bloatware seems to have very little effect on the speed or performance of the phone, so i'll keep everything as is. What Google is doing, is to sell the Nexus as they do in Europe, an idea that i'm in total agreement with. It takes away some of the power of the big companies, and puts it back in the hands of the consumer. At first, $350.00 seems like a lot of money for a phone, but think about the people who spend $200.00 every other year, and it's not so bad. Keep us informed about your progress with the Nexus, as i may just re-think my options for next Spring. Good luck.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,993 Global Posts

Here's JoJo, a 5 year old blue and gold Macaw. We adopted him today.

JoJo (2) by ctt1wbw, on Flickr
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I just scored the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package for 50% off ($147) and got a $20/month credit for 12 months from DirecTV today... called them to find out what the deal was with the Viacom channels dispute... the rep offered me $10/month credit for 2 months. I told him that I was considering canceling my service... he transferred me to the retention department and BAM! Major score! The best part? I wasn't under contract and these new perks do not affect my contract status - I am still not under contract.

So, if you're a DirecTV customer, call and complain about the Viacom channels being blocked (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, etc)... and see what they will do to make you happy...
    You got a good deal, Fausty. Congrats!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,654 Global Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I don't really care about the channels that are lost as I never watched them anyway, but if I could get my NHL package half off, that'd work. I see a lot of people on DirecTV's Facebook fan page upset about how distraught and suicidal their children are over the loss of the Nick channels. Um........really?

My recent purchase was a bag of used golf balls from the golf course I was at yesterday. Between my golf friend, his son in law, his grandson and me, we probably lost about 30 or so on 18 holes. Yeah. We suck.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Picked up another TAEBO workout DVD and a few things to go along with it this evening. Billy Blanks is one awesome instructor and his workouts are very addicting.

Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,953 Global Posts

I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I got a Nexus 7 Tablet, so now I'm back on all 3 major platforms. I guess I need to acquire a Windows Mobile device for the homerun? Or does my old HP WinMo 5 PDA count? Which is pretty much just a dust collector at this point.
    I would say having all of these devices with their different OS makes you more of a well rounded individual, and also one who is able to help more people on forums like this one due to your experience with multiple devices each with a different OS.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,998 Global Posts

I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

I just ordered the Speck FitSleeve in purple & rec'd the email that it has shipped already! Cant wait to get it for when i want to let my phone go naked these days
    That's cool how you can let your iPhone go naked. Wish I could, but I know it would get destroyed on the days that I keep it in my scrub pocket at work.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast