Download speeds

ckpeck

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My Comcast internet is running at 10-13 mbs, yet when I download a movie from iTunes the download takes many hours.

I can run a speed test on my Mac and it will say 12 mbs, but run the speed test on my iPhone and it says 1 mbs or less.

Do I have some setting goofed up? Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Karen in Colorado

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Depending on which SpeedTest app you're using (I assume you're using one of these on the iPhone), I would try a different server in the settings. I've had widely diverse results depending on the server being used.

Ol!ver

Oct 2, 2009
www.the-iblog.com
It's probably down to the iPhone's slow WiFi. Could also be a security thing - turning WEP off on my router and using MAC filtering sped things up for me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My Comcast internet is running at 10-13 mbs, yet when I download a movie from iTunes the download takes many hours.

I can run a speed test on my Mac and it will say 12 mbs, but run the speed test on my iPhone and it says 1 mbs or less.

Do I have some setting goofed up? Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Karen in Colorado

Reset your modem and router, try putting router in single channel mode and not mixed; either 'g' or 'n' only. Then reset your iPhone and try again. I also have Comcast and get the same 15Mbps on my computers and iPhone.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question, but is your WIFI on on your phone? Just had to ask sorry. I too have 15mbps ISP and get that on computers and iPhone.

What kind of router do you have. My experience is that the Belkins do not play nice with Mac products. I had a Belkin and all the PCs could connect and surf. My Macs kept disconnecting after a few seconds. I haven't had a problem since I got rid of the Belkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox