Dollhouse (Possible Spoilers)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So I just finished watching the last 9 hours or so of Dollhouse. While it did pick up towards the end, it still never felt especially Whedon-esque to me. At least, I don't mourn it ending the way I still do Firefly.

I'm sure the early word of the cancellation, while allowing them to tie-up the story also made them accelerate it a lot, the motivations didn't see especially clear at the end, and I'm not sure the character arcs were well defined through conclusion either.

I did like a lot of the ideas raised and in that sense wish they had more time to explore them.

And hey, it didn't tank the ending the way Battlestar Galactica did at least :)

Anyone finish watching yet, have any thoughts?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe you only just finished watching. I would have been happier if they'd left off the final episode (one of two parts where we never saw the first part aired?). It didn't really add anything to the storyline, and didn't serve much purpose other than to show the horrible potential of what Topher Brink had created. I did think the last 5 episodes were great. Had me going for a while trying to figure out who the good guys really were.

dbjaime3

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Have not watched any of this seasons shows, need to sit down some sunday and watch. Since you bring up Battlestar Galactica, I am having a real hard time watching Caprica, keeping thinking it will pickup, don't enjoy so much drama, want some robot action.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
OMG! You don't think it picked up in episode 5? I think Caprica has just begun to show us how good it can be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner