New to TiPb

anon1928001

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi there Folks,

Just wanted to sign in with you lot. I have done quite some mileage with smartphones and used pretty much everything that's out there on the market.

I stopped counting how many devices I had, but here's a short overview: Starting with a Nokia 1611 in 1996, I than went for a 9110i communicator and from there on it was smartphones only all the way. I picked up the iPhone 3G as soon as it became available in the Netherlands. However, on a clumsy day 1,5 years ago (yeah, I have some of those) I dropped it from just a little to high. Bummer.

After that I went with the Blackberry, since the iPhone was to expensive for me. For work I got a Nokia E71.

So, next tuesday I am going to get a new iPhone 3GS as I will then be able to renew my contract. Can't wait to be back, gotta tell you that!

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Great welcome aboard. Some advice, you may want to consider waiting for the 4th gen iPhone which is estimated to arrive in June or July of this year. I know it can be tough to wait but it could be worth it.

anon1928001

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I am aware of that, but I don't want to wait another four-five months before the new version is coming up.

And in addition to that, I don't really believe that the new version will have such killer features that I wouldn't want to do without them. It will be another incremental update. A good one for sure, but no revolution. It would be extremely hard to pull off something like that two times in three years, don't you think so?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I agree that past upgrades have been marginal. But I would think apple needs to do some wow type upgrades to keep up with the Googles Nexus. I would be happy with a 64gb memory and maybe a hi res screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73