little things you hate...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This *&+%@# -^$*! window that keeps popping up every 30 seconds. What hacks me off even further is if that stupid window pops up and I hit the space key, my whole computer locks up and shuts down and I lose a crapload of work that takes me hours to redo.

If I wanted to restart my computer, I would. I've only got about an hour left of work and it takes that long before I can use my work computer. It's that bad.

restart.jpg

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hate the fact that people on FB try to argue politics with personal opinion. It's all good though - we shouldn't be hearing any ads for at least a year and I couldn't be happier.

I also don't like the construction going on 5 floors below my window!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Talking politics with people who are not open to hearing facts / verifiable truths.

That's always fun!

- - - Updated - - -

If you use Google Chrome, try Unpolitics me - it's an add on. It's saved me the headaches of seeing friends post their undying love to Obama or Romney and their belief that the popular vote means anything and the support for that senator who thinks a woman can't get pregnant from a "legitimate" rape.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate when people call me a racist b**** because I didn't vote for him.

Look up the political rant by George Carlin in the tracks You Have No Rights and the one called Dumb Americans. That's my stance also.

So it isn't just me who's called a racist because I didn't vote for him?!?! And thanks for the tip on the Chrome addon.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So it isn't just me who's called a racist because I didn't vote for him?!?! And thanks for the tip on the Chrome addon.

Nope. It's not just you.

Today's hate: Frozen fog which makes the normally spastic Memphis drivers even worse.

IMG_4075.jpg

The Memphis skyline is usually visible. Today it wasn't.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The professor who parks his Panamera 4 near my 944. -_-
...Just wait...I'll have my Turbo S in the near future...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable? Not really. Google never celebrates anything to do with putting the US Military in a positive light.

You're right, Keith. They do have a history of not doing what they should, in our opinion, and some of those things have been posted in this forum. ;). I just frustrates the heck out of me.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
You're right, Keith. They do have a history of not doing what they should, in our opinion, and some of those things have been posted in this forum. ;). It just frustrates the heck out of me.

It ticks me off as well, considering both of my parents are ex-military. Makes me feel even better about avoiding using Google and their services whenever I can; I've had the default engines on my iPhone and Mac set to Bing for a while now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It ticks me off as well, considering both of my parents are ex-military. Makes me feel even better about avoiding using Google and their services whenever I can; I've had the default engines on my iPhone and Mac set to Bing for a while now.

Some of us here are ex-Military and know how you feel. Unfortunately, Google's disregard for certain American traditions is indicative of what's become of our society as a whole, in my opinion.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Looks like Google started displaying doodles for Veterans Day in 2007. Not sure why the delay or what the process is for deciding on what to display as the doodle, but it seems to be all over the map. The first few years were very basic and then it started to really expand.

Doodles

CAUTION - the doodle archive is a great way to waste time ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
...how i could just be too technical in trouble shooting something sometimes when in reality it was a simple fix!!

ie: i was having a prob syncing my ph to itunes last night & for the life of me could not figure out what the prob could be. needless to say all night it was running through my head as to why my phone wouldnt connect or be recognized by itunes. i tried a diff usb cable this morn....turns out to be the one i was using last night was damaged towards the phone connector part and i didnt realize it till this morn when i examined it !! that one went right into the garbage!! sheesh!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...how i could just be too technical in trouble shooting something sometimes when in reality it was a simple fix!!

ie: i was having a prob syncing my ph to itunes last night & for the life of me could not figure out what the prob could be. needless to say all night it was running through my head as to why my phone wouldnt connect or be recognized by itunes. i tried a diff usb cable this morn....turns out to be the one i was using last night was damaged towards the phone connector part and i didnt realize it till this morn when i examined it !! that one went right into the garbage!! sheesh!!

Isn't that the truth? It almost always end up being something simple...:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen