Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default little things you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I can't stand the ad pop ups that have become very strategic...understanding muscle memory setups where people quickly hit buttons on the screen that correspond with the game, so they pop up things right that exact spot so you end up visiting the website or app store page. It's so annoying...and they time them PERFECTLY, lol.
    Those are the ones I'm referring to, my friend, and you're right. They're deviously strategic and I've already deleted the worst offenders. It's sad that it has come to this, isn't it? Smh.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #902  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Default Re: little things you hate...

blurry avatars. lets get those fixed peeps!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    god i hate the new verizon commercial
    "we have a map for that.."
    i want to break something everytime i see/hear it.
    I hate commercials, period lol!!! They are too loud, I,thought they were supposed to be quieter!! They are only good for going to the bathroom or doing something that you need to do and not miss the show. But, then again, we have the pause button for that lol!!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by tlbaker1 View Post
    I hate commercials, period lol!!! They are too loud, I,thought they were supposed to be quieter!! They are only good for going to the bathroom or doing something that you need to do and not miss the show. But, then again, we have the pause button for that lol!!!

I don't mind them on typical broadcast television channels, but I despise then on apps, websites and any other video related item that I purchase.
    tlbaker1 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I don't mind them on typical broadcast television channels, but I despise then on apps, websites and any other video related item that I purchase.
    Yeah, I hate those too!!! On free apps they kill you will them so you can upgrade to the paid version. It worked on me with Words With Friends. I got so tired of the ads I broke down and bought the app. Lol.

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Cashiers that do not know how to count change back to you. UGH! I hate that!

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hate the unhealthy feeling I get after not having run for a while. I also hate the "I don't feel like doing this" feeling I get prior to making myself go running....lol....but I've got to do it because the great feeling I have afterwards is worth it..
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hate customers that come in and think they know more about Verizon and wireless tech than I do. And I hate customers that lie about stuff.

"Customer service said if I come in here you would replace my phone AND give me a free screen protector."

Uhmm, no.. No they did not say that.

I hate it when customers come in and buy $100 blue tooth headsets then complain that their bill is too high.

I hate it when customers come in to pay a bill or buy an accessory then complain to me about how their phone messes up for every minor thing it does as if I can just make a new one appear and/or push an upgrade through. Am I supposed to feel guilty? It's a Samsung Gem, you wanted the free phone, go away.

Man, I need to get the eff out of the retail world.
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    I hate customers that come in and think they know more about Verizon and wireless tech than I do. And I hate customers that lie about stuff.

"Customer service said if I come in here you would replace my phone AND give me a free screen protector."

Uhmm, no.. No they did not say that.

I hate it when customers come in and buy $100 blue tooth headsets then complain that their bill is too high.

I hate it when customers come in to pay a bill or buy an accessory then complain to me about how their phone messes up for every minor thing it does as if I can just make a new one appear and/or push an upgrade through. Am I supposed to feel guilty? It's a Samsung Gem, you wanted the free phone, go away.

Man, I need to get the eff out of the retail world.
    Hey, let all out! (Laughing)....Seriously though, that's how it is in retail, my friend. I hope your day gets better. In the meantime, breathe deeply and exhale slowly....
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Hey, let all out! (Laughing)....Seriously though, that's how it is in retail, my friend. I hope your day gets better. In the meantime, breathe deeply and exhale slowly....
    Haha thanks man, I'm trying. I've taken a cigarette break an hour and a half into my shift... I never take one that early but goodness the difficult ones are just roaming today! It's been two years too long! I need to find a nice desk job where I don't have to do anything, or talk to any other human beings outside of the company, and that can match my salary. Then I'll be happy... But I'm aware that's a faded vision haha.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hate it when my girlfriend makes me sleep on the couch because I don't "breathe through my nose" when I sleep. I don't even snore! She complains that I breathe! Who does that?! And whenever I sleep on the couch I wake up with a sore throat for some odd reason, never fails!

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Haha thanks man, I'm trying. I've taken a cigarette break an hour and a half into my shift... I never take one that early but goodness the difficult ones are just roaming today! It's been two years too long! I need to find a nice desk job where I don't have to do anything, or talk to any other human beings outside of the company, and that can match my salary. Then I'll be happy... But I'm aware that's a faded vision haha.
    Don't give up, my friend. Keep your humor & good attitude and remember, good things happen to those who persevere.
    Thanked by:
    iRy757 (12-27-2012)
    iRy757 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I hate it when my girlfriend makes me sleep on the couch because I don't "breathe through my nose" when I sleep. I don't even snore! She complains that I breathe! Who does that?! And whenever I sleep on the couch I wake up with a sore throat for some odd reason, never fails!
    (Laughing)....I recommend you start sleeping with one eye open....
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,948 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Out of curiosity...are these YOUR couch and bed? lol...because as much as i love my wife, and have for going on 15 years now, I'd tell her to kick rocks if she tried some stuff like that!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iRy757 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Is Mother Nature drunk? I love snow. I haven't seen it in a while.

At the Corn Patch, I got this earlier:

At the same time when one of my best friends who lives outside Chicago hasn't gotten a flake of snow all year.

I guess when I said I missed seeing snow, someone took it to heart. Only upside is I get a free day off work due to weather.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I HATE Internet ads...UGH! I can't even read a complete article without having to be interrupted by an ad for a product that I am not interested in. If I want a certain product, I will seek and locate it. I don't want ads interfering with whatever I'm doing especially the ones that will not allow me to bypass. I don't mind them on TV or on the radio, but dang it, I don't want them in my apps or on the sites I frequent. To be fair, I'm willing to compromise. Leave ads only on the default/primary page of a website. Once I click on a link to go to a secondary or tertiary page, I should not see any ads.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,790 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I HATE Internet ads...UGH! I can't even read a complete article without having to be interrupted by an ad for a product that I am not interested in. If I want a certain product, I will seek and locate it. I don't want ads interfering with whatever I'm doing especially the ones that will not allow me to bypass. I don't mind them on TV or on the radio, but dang it, I don't want them in my apps or on the sites I frequent. To be fair, I'm willing to compromise. Leave ads only on the default/primary page of a website. Once I click on a link to go to a secondary or tertiary page, I should not see any ads.
    I feel the same way man. Especially on those articles you try to read. Thank goodness for services like readability and pocket.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (01-03-2013)

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    I feel the same way man. Especially on those articles you try to read. Thank goodness for services like readability and pocket.

Tapatalking
    AMEN to that, my friend. That is a major reason why Instapaper is one of my top apps. I read a lot and it has made article reading a joy. No distractions.
    Relletti likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,790 Global Posts
    iOS Version

AMEN to that, my friend. That is a major reason why Instapaper is one of my top apps. I read a lot and it has made article reading a joy. No distractions.
    Indeed. I read a lot as well D and there is nothing like a clean, clear reading experience.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Indeed. I read a lot as well D and there is nothing like a clean, clear reading experience.

Tapatalking
    No doubt.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,948 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I hate people who come to me while I'm walking through a federal building, fully geared up in my tactical uniform (as i do every Friday) and ask me to follow them, i do and they point out where a water fountain has over flowed and got water on the floor...look you dumbass ***** federal employee...CLEAN IT UP if it's bothering you that bad. I don't give 2 sh*ts that there is water on the floor or what it COULD lead to, I'm not a janitor, nor do i own the building so if someone slips and falls, call 911 and tell them to file for worker's compensation or something.

A woman did this earlier as i was on my way to my truck...i looked at her and pointed at the paper towel dispenser just inside the bathroom door...she scoffed and looked at me like i was some kind of criminal for pointing that out to her implying she clean it herself. She was even more pissed when i just laughed afterwards and walked away in the middle of her talking about it. She then reported me to the cafe manager for whatever reason (who happens to be a pretty awesome old dude that always gives me free coffee and the guy handed her some paper towels...LMAO!)
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

I hate people who can't realize that you don't need to reply all to an email sent out to multiple people. I've deleted about 30 emails already for people saying yes or no.

Learn the difference people. Reply all is not necessary in this instance and I don't care what your answer is.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    SeanHRCC and JustMe'D like this.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #923  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

little things you hate...-wbc.jpg

Global Posts
    22,429 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Years ago in my previous profession, I had to deal with a gentlemen and his two children who stood outside of a large & popular church on a Sunday and had one of his kids, trample the American flag that was laid out on the ground and he and the other child were holding signs that were deliberately meant to inflame the reader. As a Marine, I could barely contain myself watching the one kid trample the flag and I had to remind myself that they are protected by the Constitution. Anyway, many of the exiting Church goers forgot that they had just prayed & had Church and became enraged. No violence occurred, thankfully.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I hate when I specifically and deliberated have put on headphones and people still try to talk to me.
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast