New JBer

NateDawg67

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this site when one of my buddies was bragging about all the things he could do with his jailbroken iPhone and I wanted to read up about this mysterious jailbreaking technique. I'd heard about it, but also heard about bricking and decided to stay far away at first. But thanks to some clear information on this site, it sounded like jailbreaking was way to go. Downloaded redsn0w this afternoon and now I've got myself a jailbroken phone!

A little unsure on what to do now, but I'm looking forward to reading more on tiPb and learning how to untap the potential of this great gadget.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You go into Cydia which is the JB version of the App store. You'll get JB apps that will do alot more things than your regular Iphone. Try Winterboard this will allow you to use a picture as your background on your lockscreen and your homescreen, try SBSettings which when you swipe the top taskbar where the time is you will get a drop down that will allow you to turn certain things on and off. Once you have Winterboard you can get themes in Cydia that will change the screen and the app icons, etc. Have fun with it ;) If you have OpenSSH or Backgrounder watch out for leaving open apps running, when you're done with OpenSSH always turn it off in SBSettings. Once you're JB also look on the net for Iphone Explorer(Mac) and I think it's called DiskAid(Windows) these will allow you to explorer the contents of your JB phone.

NateDawg67

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the advice Ipheuria!

I already have Winterboard, but I still need to find some cool themes for it. I will try OpenSSH, Backgrounder, and SBSettings, those seem to be universally recommended.

What are your favorite Winterboard themes? I'm looking for something clean but nifty looking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2