New 3GS, Great story too!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
well, got it!!

went into AT&T store here in Bloomington, IL about 2pm. walked in, got exactly what i wanted (white 3GS, 32gb), got my state employee discount on my bill, and walked out with a ported # and activated iPhone in 15 minutes! no joke. rep handed me my iPhone, said i'd get a text saying port of my # was complete, and i was finished. seriously?! i used to spend at LEAST an hour in Verizon store while the rep methodically entered my info into their system. for every new phone. over and over.

these AT&T reps couldn't have been more friendly. and there were 3 other people in the store buying iPhones as well!

funny story too. i was in my car just about to leave the parking lot when my cousin called. she was in Decatur, IL and was lost. not a city a young girl wants to be lost in. she's late for a wedding. i panic because i don't have my Garmin in the car...oh wait! i have GPS and Google Maps now!

so i tell her to hang on, flip open the Map app and enter the city she's in. then the cross-streets. then where she's going. i was able to talk her turn-by-turn and got her to the church safely. what a great test right out of the box. and the iPhone had nearly a 75% charge OUT OF THE BOX!! amazing. i would have clunked and sputtered out of the gate if i tried that on my BB Curve.

so i setup Google Sync and got my contacts, mail & calendar downloaded in about 1 minute. humming right along on 3G here in town. once home flipped to WiFi and it's rock and roll time! slipped on my Incase Slider case and my iPhone is now taking a breather while getting a 'slight' charge.

love my 3GS! what in the heck took me so long to wake up to the iPhone?!?!

only question. what's everyone's opinion of the Apple Care Plan for warranty purposes? i am under the impression the iPhone comes with a 1-year warranty. but the Care plan covers 2-years and a loaner phone in case i need to mail mine in for repairs.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations! Seems like you've been waiting forever!!!

Applecare is worth it when you live in one of those cities with Apple stores all over the place. I went for a Square Trade warranty - they even cover drops and spills. There's a huge thread around here somewhere on warranties.

Good story, too, btw!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I didn't pick up the 2nd year of AppleCare, I think more b/c it DOESN'T cover drops and spills type damage, and while I don't expect to damage my phone like that, it's always possible something bad could happen.

pourme

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your new iphone...I came to iphone from a Instinct...wow what an IMPROVMENT!..enjoyed your story!...:)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR