Hello from an iPhone virgin...

Jul 8, 2009
iceworx.deviantart.com
Hello, I'm Jay and I'm an iPhone virgin...

Oh wait. This isn't a support group, is it? Yeah... lol

Anyway, I used to have an iPod touch, but sold it because I thought the phone I just recently bought could do all the things the iPod could, only have a phone integrated into it. And it does, just not nearly so well. I really miss my iPod, but I now have service on T-Mobile. How easy would it be to modify an iPhone for use on that service?

Looking around the internet, there's all kinds of people selling all kinds of iPhones for all kinds of crazy prices. I know T-Mobile doesn't support 3G, but there's all kinds of WiFi hotspots around my area and my neighborhood is saturated with them.

At any rate, my local Best Buy and Walmart both sell contract-less 8gb iPhones for about $25 over the cost of a iTouch. My issue with this isn't the cost, but what do I have to do in order to use the phone with T-Mobile, and what's the risk if things go astray?

Thanks in advance :D

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well you have to jailbreak break and unlock to get your iPhone to work with T-Mobile. And apple will void you warranty if they find out you jail-broken you iPhone but you can always restore it.

Jul 8, 2009
iceworx.deviantart.com
I assumed that, and after looking around a bit, I found tutorials here on this site to jailbreak and unlock an iPhone. I'm fairly confident I can do that, it seems simple enough.

Another thought occurred to me though: If I jailbreak and unlock the iPhone, can I still use iTunes to sync my music to it? Or does that process need to be modified too?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You can still use iTunes to sync everything, you just have to be patient updating to new OS releases since you have to wait for the groups to release updated jailbreak and unlock software.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner