Hello From the Philippines!

BBMaverick

Jun 28, 2009
twitter.com
Long time lurker on the boards. I've been a reader of this website since the beginning.

Born and raised on the East Coast of the States, but after a lot of traveling, I've decided to temporarily live in the laid-back Dumaguete City, Philippines.

My first PDA, not counting that cool Nokia I had that flipped open to a full qwerty keyboard, was the non-color version of the T-Mobile Sidekick (2003), then the color version, then an hp iPAQ 6315 PPC from T-Mobile (2004), to the Palm Treo 680 (2006) then back to WinMo with the Palm Treo 750 (2007). Spent almost one year with the BlackBerry Curve 8300 before grabbing the iPhone 3G on launch day. The rest, as they say, is history.

The iPhone is definitely my favorite.

I use the iPhone on Globe Telecom, an official carrier for the iPhone here in the Philippines. My phone, however, was purchased before I left the States. Which is why I use redsn0w + ultrasn0w. Since yellowsn0w, I've been able to use my iPhone in more than 6 different countries!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and am glad to be part of the community here!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have quite the globe hopping iPhone there, heyart! Glad you've decided to participate in the forums. :)

BBMaverick

Jun 28, 2009
twitter.com
haha, yeah. It's been around.

Still in great shape, too! it's been on boats, up mountains, in caves...everywhere.

Needless to say, I have a few good cases!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Glad to have you heyart!!!:D:D

What case do you have for your active life style? I currently use an Incase hard case, but I just ordered the Otterbox for more protection when out on the job. I am in Construction and also am very active after hours.

Just curious.:D

BBMaverick

Jun 28, 2009
twitter.com
I've been using the Defender from Otterbox! Works great! Very, very, usable.

I secure it in a few ziplock bags if I have to pass through water to get somewhere!