I've come over to the Dark Side!

Abouna

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Wel I'm a fairly staunch anti-Apple person. Love some of thier stuff but hate the company philosphy & attitude.

That said, I was all set to get a BB Bold but couldn't justify $200 for it with a 2 yr contract when the 3Gs is the same amount! So here I am. Truth be told, I'm not anti-iPhone at all it's just that I'm not a huge fan of 100% touch screens and I realy hate iTunes. Oh well.

Since I'll be joining the ranks soon I'll need to get up to speed. Is there a iPhone 101 or some equivalent I shoudl look at?

Secondly, I will need a case. Something as thin as possible but more protective than a skin. It also needs to be somewhat grippy as I'll keep the phone in my chest pocket. I assume some kind of silicone is on order but too many to choose from.

Cheers.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
welcome to the iphone! dont know about the 101 equivalent, i know crackberry has one, but as far as the case, i would reccomend the seidio innocase II. very thin, has a grip, and offers good protection.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I only keep it open long enough to synch the phone. I don't notice it. Memory leak much?

I use it at work to play all my music ( since I picked up an iPod ). It's currently chilling at 60 MB of ram, maybe it's improved recently, I remember it using 3x that. Humm.

*Edit: Ahh, it was b/c I was filtering files. It's back to 120MB ram, still not bad. Seems to be an improvement over somewhat recent history.

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh for the case....check out incipio.com. They sell a very nice hard plastic and extremely slim case. The transition will be easy. YOu don't need an iphone guide because the iphone is way too easy to figure out. It isn't like most PPC or BB. Those phones hide their settings and features deep inside other features and whatnot. Not so with the iphone. I got my iphone and didn't even open the manuals. Just started using it and it works great. Check Apples website for videos that help you understand all the features and you will see how easy it is. They try and make it easy and yet still give you all the ability to manage the details of you need.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice