R.I.P. Michael Jackson

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow. I just learned this by flipping through channels. So sad. As much of a wierdo he was (come on, he was), his music was great and he was a real icon. RIP Mr Jackson.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Tell me about it. What a day. First it was Farrah, who I watched growing up. Now it's Michael, who I listened to growing up. My goodness, who's next? :(

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
He will be missed. He might have been crazy, but nobody could watch thriller and honestly say they were not impressed. An incredible talent.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
nobody here cares about the children issue?
What "issue" did you have in mind?

I am reminded of the admission test to Egyptian Heaven in the movie, The Bucket List. "Did you find joy in life? Did you give joy to others?" I hope he was able to answer yes to the former; he was certainly entitled to answer yes to the latter.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
This thread is remaining remarkably civil so far. I'm impressed.

I'd just like to add my "Rest In Peace" wishes, but express my doubts that a media blitz and public airing of every mole the guy ever had is unlikely to contribute to his ability to rest in the afterlife.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This thread is remaining remarkably civil so far. I'm impressed.

I'd just like to add my "Rest In Peace" wishes, but express my doubts that a media blitz and public airing of every mole the guy ever had is unlikely to contribute to his ability to rest in the afterlife.

I agree, I'm glad it's remained civil. The man was extremely talented. I'll give him that.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It's been a week now, and still doesn't seem right. I wasn't such a fan that I cried and screamed when I saw him on tv, but the dude was frakkin awesome. I loved a lot of his music, especially the Bad album and the Thriller video. Remember when MTv used to show videos?

Well, he's in his eternal Neverland now.