Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 29 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Exclamation Introduce Yourself Here

Edit - ***At first I was hesitant to start a single thread for introductions but it seems as if everyone started posted in this thread to say hello... so we will try it out for a while and see how it goes. Introduce yourself here!

Bad Ash***

Hello, I am a new member, as of today. This is my first post and I have this message just below the header that is confusing me.

Hello winndl,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of The iPhone Blog Forums now!

I am not finding an "Introductions" forum.

Anyway, Hello, I relatively new to the iPhone "Feb.2009" and just switched from a PC to my first Mac, so I'll be lurking around, checking things out, and probably asking dumb questions. I promise to search around first though.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 06-18-2009 at 01:29 PM.
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Welcome to the party!

And the Off Topic forum is as good as any to introduce yourself!
    http://twitter.com/jamesus

If I have helped you, don't forget to tip the scales!
    Banned

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by winndl View Post
    Hello, I am a new member, as of today. This is my first post and I have this message just below the header that is confusing me.

Hello winndl,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of The iPhone Blog Forums now!

I am not finding an "Introductions" forum.

Anyway, Hello, I relatively new to the iPhone "Feb.2009" and just switched from a PC to my first Mac, so I'll be lurking around, checking things out, and probably asking dumb questions. I promise to search around first though.
    Welcome! Don't lurk, participate. The strength in this forum is in the posters!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Hiya winndl! You're right about the message. Très confusing. But you made it to the right place anyhow. Glad to have ya join us!
    iPhone Newbie

Welcome to the forum!
    iPhone Newbie

I just joined tonight. I was also looking for this elusive "Introductions Forum".

I've been an avid reader of TiPb for sometime now. I'm a long time Windows user and MS SQL developer/dba. I pre-ordered my iPhone 3Gs Monday, and can't wait to get my hands on it. I had 3 different browsers open Monday reading, and listening to the WWDC Keynote address just waiting to hear what Apple had in store for the new device. Great stuff.
    I'm even thinking of getting a MacBook Pro when the time comes around for my next home purchase. I'd love to start developing Apps for the iPhone...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Great to have you join us!

So what kind of apps would you like to develop?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Just joining up. These forums seem like a great place.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Oh, they definitely are! Welcome.
    iPhone Nanite

HI all me too newbie and hopefully getting my iphone 3Gs on 19th.

Looking for a great time ahead
    iPhone Nanite

Hello

Welcome to the forum & enjoy your stay

John
    Don Joao Resort
    iPhone Nanite

I joined today, found the site back in December when I got my iphone but never got around to joining.
    iPhone Newbie

Hello all! Just joined up this morning after stalking the forum last night until about 3:30 am EST, wishing, hoping, praying, waiting for the 3.0 update to be released!

It's now 10:40am EST and still I wait- Why are they so mean???!!!
    iPhone Nanite

Unhappy Nice to see I'm not the only one going crazy looking for the Intro forum

Hello, I guess I found the right place...I’m a newbie to blogging...have never posted in a forum before...but this one is great...I love my new iPhone and will be here and posting a lot....I want to update my profile and avatar but it tells me:

Jetskiorl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What am I doing wrong?
    Tink.Deb likes this.
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jetskiorl View Post
    Hello, I guess I found the right place...I’m a newbie to blogging...have never posted in a forum before...but this one is great...I love my new iPhone and will be here and posting a lot....I want to update my profile and avatar but it tells me:

Jetskiorl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What am I doing wrong?
    You have to have 10 posts before you can edit your avatar and such.
    iPhone Nanite

welcome to the forums
    iPhone Newbie

Well, since I can't find the introductions forum either, this one works for me. I was first in line at the AT&T store back when the EDGE iPhone came out, still have the receipt with the time stamp of 6:01 PM MDT. Skipped the 3G model, but will be up early early on Friday to get the new one. I'm even working up a way to build a database monitor using RoamBi and Microsoft Excel, just so I can demo more of my iPhone when I teach.
    iPhone Nanite

Hello guys!
    Glad to be here
    iPhone Newbie

Talking Thanks for having me!

Hey guys! My name is Mario, I've been lurking the forums for a while under a different name but never really posted. I just started an iPhone gaming site called Astrosaurus. You can check it out at astrosaurus.com. I used to run some other sites but decided to do this full time as of two weeks ago. Check it out and let me know what you guys think! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    iPhone Nanite

Hi all. My name is Rowan and I'm from sunny Australia. I'm a long time blog reader and thought I'd finally get involved with the forum....so 'hi'!
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Talking Hello!

I'm Corrina and I'm a total app *****. lol - I had the first gen iPhone, a long time ago, but wandered into BlackBerry land. Now I have a 16 GB 3G and LOVE it.

I'm a total nerd, am obsessed with technology and am proud of it.

I thought I'd join the forum to catch up on all things iPhone and at some point, hopefully, be able to contribute. Thank you, in advance, to everyone who's brains I will benefit from.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Welcome to all you newcomers. It's an exciting time in iPhone land, isn't it!
    iPhone Nanite

Hi, I am new to here. Just want to learn more about the Iphone than i do now. Thanks
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I'm sure you will learn tons! Welcome to the forums.
Page 1 of 29 1234 ... LastLast