Weird iMac sleep problem...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Okay so I see threads where people's hard drives stay running but my issue is a little different.

Now, I JUST got my 24" iMac back from Apple. (Wouldn't boot, white screen, apparently hard drive and logic board were bad)...even though I have a hard time believing the HD was bad considering I asked for the bad one back, and I had absolutely no problem mounting it on Linux and getting ALL my stuff off. That's another story, anyways....

So tonight I noticed this issue...when I put the iMac to sleep (like I do every night when I go to bed because it lights up the bedroom like a freaking christmas tree), it will NOT stay asleep! I literally push the power button or go to Apple ---> sleep, and 10-30 seconds later the screen pops back up.

I have NEVER had this issue before. I'm starting to get REALLY irritated. I waited TWO weeks to get my iMac back, and if I have to drive 80 miles back to the Apple store AGAIN, I'm going to be irate.

I've read on other forums some people had this problems with USB things being plugged in.

The only things I have plugged in are a keyboard and a mouse into the back of the computer.

I've also heard it could be a Firefox 3 issue, well I uninstalled firefox 3, still have the issue, I just turned it off. I'm really frustrated right now.

My iMac is a 2007 model (2.8GHz Intel Core 2 duo, 2GB ram, 500GB HD)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really really do not want to have to call Apple tomorrow, but I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to.

Sigh....

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an iMac as well, a 2007, love it. I did have a problem with 'sleeping' it some time ago when I tried using a different mouse. I can't even remember which one it was. But it did the same thing. I do not like Apple's mouse so I use a little notebook wireless mouse by Logitech and I have not had the same issue again.

Sorry I wish I had a direct answer. But it could very well be something you are using via USB.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods