Star Trek (Movie Discussion)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So I finally saw Star Trek, and it was a lot of fun. I was worried about JJ Abrams, and while this wasn't Roddenberry's Star Trek by any stretch, it was a great combination of action and character.

A few minor structural nit-picks (we didn't need some of the distracting interjected scenes) and one major one -- the villain was weak. I know Kahn was once-in-a-franchise awesome, but they could have hooked in someone better?

I know Matt hated him the lens flares but I didn't even notice. The intro hit hard enough to buy me in immediately.

Special props to the new Bones. He nailed it. New Scotty was tons of fun too.

Hopefully the inevitable sequel will break the curse of no good back-to-back Star Trek movies!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I tried watching it a few times and fell asleep each and every time. Just could not get into it. I've never been a Star Trek guy, more so Star Wars fan barring the latest 3.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Though I used to be a fan of Star Trek I lost interest over a decade ago. I thought that this looked promising, though, so I gave it a try.

I was impressed. If they keep making them like this I'll definitely start going to Star Trek movies again.

But yeah, they did use a hell of a lot of lens flare.

SuperTrouper

Jun 1, 2009
www.twitter.com
I enjoyed the movie, despite my preconceptions of what it would be like, but I'm a little tired of the formulaic plot.

Every movie since 5 has been virtually the same plot loosely speaking. With the exception of First Contact.
They go out on some trip, they encounter some baddy with a superweapon and somehow they defeat him.

I just wish they could do something a little different but just as epic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods