Should I buy a medical mask thingy?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
According to the news last night, "the mask thingies" are only good if you remain a minimum of 6' away from someone who may be infected. Thus, pointless on an airplane (or most anywhere else).

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
According to the news last night, "the mask thingies" are only good if you remain a minimum of 6' away from someone

Interesting. I assumed it was pretty much pointless, but glad to see it's actually true. I think I'll just take my vitamins and hold my breathe when someone around me coughs and run away! ;)

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Have a good time in NYC, I live a little north of the city and I love it there. I think the mask is overkill. Take your vitamins and have a great time.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Have a good time in NYC, I live a little north of the city and I love it there. I think the mask is overkill. Take your vitamins and have a great time.
Haha yeah, I was joking about the mask :)

New York is great this time of year. I went last year at this same time too. Cinco De Mayo at Rosa Mexicana in NYC, can't get better than that!

I have to take advantage when the g/f is working, we don't have to pay for a hotel, and the flights are so cheap... swine flu or not!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Going to try and get into the Jimmy Fallon taping since he is such an Apple freak.

I got to see the taping today, May 4th. Was a funny show you should check it out. Also, they gave away their first MacBook. I talked to the lady that won and they told her they would email her b/c they needed to get in contact with Apple...so it looks like Apple was directly sponsoring the cell phone shootout contest.

Thinking I may try to go again tomorrow since I love LOST and JJ Abrams is on tomorrow.

PS jennifer aniston looked pretty hot

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Doesn't she always? I actually just saw an ad on TV for the episode, I'll have to make sure to see it.

Yeah, but she is older now. Plus I never thought she was really hot, just cute...but seeing her in person I've changed my mind.

Where do you live again? (Edit, just saw your location, so which one did they play?) They filmed like 6 different promos for different NBC affiliates to put on after the news.

He was with Jennifer and a bunch of grapefruit. And then after he talked the audience said something different for each one. One time we said tequila, another time we said, get your bowl on or something like that. It was pretty funny.

Last edited:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands! Best advice I can give as a nurse. Carry some hand sanitizer everywhere you go.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
You all do realize people like "live" in NYC everyday without getting sick and dying right? haha As a nurse, sure wash your hands a lot since you are with the sick nonstop, but a normal person does not need to wash their hands every ten minutes, you are only creating stronger bacterias in the long run. Excuse me if I am completely wrong here, since I am definitely not a medical professional, but I don't wash my hands nonstop and have lived a happy healthy life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2