Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have the iMac? I have been looking into possibly getting a new computer at some point and I have been looking at these... The ratings seem great.

I looked at the Mac Book Pro, but I very rarely need to take my computer anywhere.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the 24" iMac. I have zero complaints about it. I have the 2.4 with 4 gigs of ram (I upgraded it myself from 2 gigs)

I am a photographer so I put it through the paces daily. It performs great and the display is vibrant.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
DO NOT BUY an iMac yet!

There will be new ones soon. Rumors are pointing to sometime in March now, but could be earlier. Although the latest rumors suggest that they are going to time the release of the new iMac after Snow Leopard is released so March seems like a good estimate.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
DO NOT BUY an iMac yet!

There will be new ones soon. Rumors are pointing to sometime in March now, but could be earlier. Although the latest rumors suggest that they are going to time the release of the new iMac after Snow Leopard is released so March seems like a good estimate.

AH HA! Thanks for the heads up!

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a MBP and love it. I had the hard drive and RAM upgraded not long ago. I am still running tiger, and am going to look in to snow leopard when it comes out.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I read somewhere that the upcoming upgrade will be pushing Core2Quad to the iMacs. Any1 knows if this is true?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I read somewhere that the upcoming upgrade will be pushing Core2Quad to the iMacs. Any1 knows if this is true?

It's up in the air now. I would say 50/50 chance of quad vs dual cores coming in the next iMac update. The new Quad cores just came out a week ago so that might be what Apple was waiting for to release the iMac.

Either way there is a lot of rumors out there that a new iMac is coming out in the next 90 days so I would sit on the sideline if you aren't in desperate need of getting a new computer.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
What ever you do NB..get a iMac!! Your only regret will be "Why did I not get one sooner?!":p

I have a 20" iMac running Leopard. I looked at the 24" but I do not do Video/Photography editing on mine so the 20" is plenty big enough for my Business. Besides if I had gotten the 24" I would have had to buy a bigger desk.:D I can actually put up a full spreadsheet and a full Word document side by side on the 20" screen and work on both as I need. Very Sweet!!

I would suggest what Dizzy said. If you do not need one right now I would wait to see what the new iMacs have first.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a 20" iMac running Leopard. I looked at the 24" but I do not do Video/Photography editing on mine so the 20" is plenty big enough for my Business. Besides if I had gotten the 24" I would have had to buy a bigger desk.

I agree. I personally have the 24 inch but I do photo editing so it is great. My husband has the 20 in. which is super for his business use. But I do have to say I have a very small desk and the 24 in. still fits nicely.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2