Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Default I won the iPhone 3G Contest!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! I woke up and got an email from Dieter, who works here at the iPhone Blogs, telling me that I won!

You guys I can't believe this! I've never won anything like this in my life. Only thing I ever won was a $20 dollar gift card to Mi Casa, which is this horrible Mexican restaurant.

I'm never gonna forget this day. Thanks so much to everyone here at the iPhone forum and the staff at the iPhone Blog.

Now I can change my signature on here to:
    iCan't believe iWon and iPhone!
    Vote for me for the Chapstick Youtube Contest! Wait for the banner, click the big thumbs up, and vote! Thank you! http://lnk.ms/KSBQn
    iPhone Newbie

Good for you. Congratulations!
    iPhone Newbie

OK, I was jealous at first but the Mexican restaurant thing makes me think you deserve it. Congrats. So ... what phone you gonna get? 8 or 16? white or black? (Dammit.)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Llluuuucccckkkyyy!!!!!!
    iPhone Newbie

so, so lucky.

that contest is really the reason i started on this forum. but i love the iphone so much, and everyone is really cool, i am going to end up staying.
    Last edited by Billsteve; 07-09-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    -Billsteve
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by sailorgirl View Post
    OK, I was jealous at first but the Mexican restaurant thing makes me think you deserve it. Congrats. So ... what phone you gonna get? 8 or 16? white or black? (Dammit.)
    Oh yea it was pretty bad. I went with my mom to a school hosted "Mother and Daughter" tea party when I was younger. And they had $100 gift cards to Tillys, Nordstroms, places like that. And all I got was this gift card to... honestly I think is the worst restaurant in the world.

I'm thinking about getting the black 16GB. How about you? =)
    Vote for me for the Chapstick Youtube Contest! Wait for the banner, click the big thumbs up, and vote! Thank you! http://lnk.ms/KSBQn
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Billsteve View Post
    so, so lucky.

that contest is really the reason i started on this forum. but i love the iphone so much, and everyone is really cool, i am going to end up staying.
    Me too I'm thinking about staying. Everyone one here is so nice and so helpful.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Congratulations!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveiPhones View Post
    Oh yea it was pretty bad. I went with my mom to a school hosted "Mother and Daughter" tea party when I was younger. And they had $100 gift cards to Tillys, Nordstroms, places like that. And all I got was this gift card to... honestly I think is the worst restaurant in the world.

I'm thinking about getting the black 16GB. How about you? =)
    Excellent choice, that is what mine will be . Congratulations on winning! Sounds like it's going to a very appreciative recipient.
    iPhone Beginner

Congrats!!!
    iPhone Newbie

Lol congratulations!

I just hope you weren't eligible to upgrade, otherwise I'd be really jealous and disappointed.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Congratulations!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

congrats. im jealous.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Wow congrats! I am jealous too since I never win anything!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveiPhones View Post
    I can't believe it! I woke up and got an email from Dieter, who works here at the iPhone Blogs, telling me that I won!

You guys I can't believe this! I've never won anything like this in my life. Only thing I ever won was a $20 dollar gift card to Mi Casa, which is this horrible Mexican restaurant.

I'm never gonna forget this day. Thanks so much to everyone here at the iPhone forum and the staff at the iPhone Blog.

Now I can change my signature on here to:
    iCan't believe iWon and iPhone!
    iPhone Intermediate

I would say congratulations, but I think hearing it 900 times is enough. I wonder how many people were entered in the contest? And how many were kicked out for posting "crappy posts"? I write a lot of poo, so I'm curious.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Congrats! I am thrilled it wasn't someone with 20 posts. You started some quite a few threads and kept everyone hyped about the phone... you deserve it!
    Funny thing was I started on this forum not knowing about the contest until everyone started posting about how they were trying to make it quickly to 20 posts... eventually I figured out why. At first I just thought 20 posts unlocked something on the forum (like being able to post links or something like that). I was a Crackberry.com forum junkie before this... I was convinced I was going to get a Bold until I found out about this sister site. Thank goodness I changed my mind about getting a Blackberry!!!
    (Sorry derail over!)

Congrats again! What a great day for you!!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,412 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    latest

Big ups. Congrats
    Follow me: www.twitter.com/joshuasmiley

2011 MBA 13 i5 480GB SSD, VZW 64GB GOLD iP5S, iPad mini 32gb Black
    iPhone Newbie

Congrats, you must be soooooo happy! I however will spend the day sobbing in a dark room untill I head off to wait in line
    iPhone Newbie

Just wanted to chime in and say 'congratulations' on winning!
    Editor Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HymerSchmidt View Post
    I would say congratulations, but I think hearing it 900 times is enough. I wonder how many people were entered in the contest? And how many were kicked out for posting "crappy posts"? I write a lot of poo, so I'm curious.
    Basically nobody -- Just had to keep putting that caveat in there in case anybody just posted stuff like "this is a post so I can win" and "this is another post so I can win" and so on.

Congrats again to iLoveiPhone! Did you get it yet?
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Basically nobody -- Just had to keep putting that caveat in there in case anybody just posted stuff like "this is a post so I can win" and "this is another post so I can win" and so on.

Congrats again to iLoveiPhone! Did you get it yet?
    Hi Dieter! Yes! I did. I spent the night to get it. I was at the store since 11:30 at night till 11:00 the next morning. I really appreciate it. Thanks again! I will send a picture as soon as I can.
    Last edited by iLoveiPhones; 07-13-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Congratulations, my friend. I'm looking forward to winning the next iPhone 3G via the Round Robin too...
    iPhone Intermediate

I wish I was even lucky enough to win a gift certificate to a horrible Mexican restaurant.
    iPhone Intermediate

You're a lucky man! Congratz!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast